Company: Maya Hotels
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Do you have previous hotel sales experience? Do you drive and
deliver results? Are you outgoing? Do you enjoy event planning? Do
you enjoy making sure guests and clients have an exceptional
experience? We are looking for a outgoing and energetic Sales
Manager to oversee the sales and marketing for our Hilton Garden
Inn located in Gastonia, NC. At Maya Hotels we employ people who
apply all of their care and passion to their jobs - people who put
our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking
for more people like this to join our friendly and professional
team. Brief Job Overview: Develop and set revenue sales and
marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented,
results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell
hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct
client contacts. Role and Responsibilities Financial Returns:
- Help increase the hotel revenue by conducting outside sales
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and
maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the
annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and
business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable
incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume,
food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze
current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to
increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure
actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan People:
- Involvement in the local community.
- Manage dayto-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and
establish performance and development goals for team members.
Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage
conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good
- Educate and train sales team that is responsible for developing
new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales
strategies. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and
equipment to carry out job duties.
- Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing
levels based on guest volume.
- Live and demonstrate the Maya Hotels core values. Guest
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs,
area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside
contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business, to
include room sales, food & beverage sales, and catering/banquet
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the
hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to
facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales office and prospective
clients. Responsible Business:
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of
marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work
with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in
the local community.
- Business attire and personal appearance are kept clean and
professional and are in accordance with Maya Hotels Grooming
Policy. A smile is considered part of the uniform.
- Comply with Maya Hotels policies, procedures and Code of
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote a safe working environment.
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures,
including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest
safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting
appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate set
of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping and falling
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using
- Participate in helping the hotel recycle. This job description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will
be required to perform any others job related duties assigned by
their supervisor. May also serve as manager-on-duty. Job involves
working: Indoors and Outdoors. Requirements: Previous 1-5 years of
Hotel Sales or Hotel Sales Manager experience required.
Keywords: Maya Hotels, Gastonia , Sales Manager, Sales , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!