Diesel Technician 2500 Bonus
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Expert Mechanic + the Leader in Solid Waste Industry = A Winning
TOP Talent deserves TOP Pay
"A" Technician/Sr. Technician pay range: $23.50 - $28.50
"B" Technician pay range $21 - $23.50
"C" Technician pay range $19 - $21
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
Mechanics safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of
all our Mechanics and managers.
Reason to Join the WM Fleet Family:
1.) $2500 Sign On Bonus!! (internal employees not eligible)
2.) Make up to an additional $5.50/hr by achieving paid for ASE
3.) Exceptional benefits, (each eligible employee receives a
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
and Short Term Disability, Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on
Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days, (benefits vary by site)
4.)State of the art technical training (in house & with top fleet
5.)$200 tool allowance each quarter, company paid uniforms, PPE &
6.)Nationwide growth opportunity and assured growth path:
Technician Sr. Technician Lead Technician Supervisor Fleet
Check us out TODAY and bring your technical expertise home!
Hours:Monday to Friday 4PM - 2AM, with a rotating Saturday-- Great
Education and Experience
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Experience: Two (2) years or more years of (class 8) heavy truck
repair experience, to include airbrakes, hydraulics, electrical &
diagnostics. ASE's and CDL a strong plus.
Here is how you will use you expertise:
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid drivers license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Gastonia , Diesel Technician 2500 Bonus, Professions , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!