Financial Controls & Oversight Senior Consultant - IT
Company: Wells Fargo Bank
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact
information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your
current resume prior to submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy
our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.
We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the
center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team
where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique
skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all
begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Enterprise
Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains
and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within
Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury;
corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management
and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence,
Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and
Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders,
regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the
company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor
meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit
rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They
also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many
of the company's shared services functions including corporate
properties, security, and global services.Wells Fargo is seeking a
highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing
professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key
stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory
reporting infrastructure. -The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a
component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in
Corporate Controllers.The IT COSO team within ECO supports the
Company's on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading
information technology control environment and is responsible for
the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments
impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting.
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company's COSO based
policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over
financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic
planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies
(proactive anticipation of internal control related matters).
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance
and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to
interested and impacted stakeholders.
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process
and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of
control deficiencies and related remediation efforts.
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on
control related matters.
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the
control environment.This individual will be responsible for the
following team directives:
- Leading the IT Application Controls (ITACs) or IT General
Controls (ITGCs) COSO test work.
- Partnering with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners
to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate
COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams).
Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key
risk and key application controls identified.
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure
required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant
business risk and key application controls / IT general
- Partnering with IT and business Process Owners/Control Owners
in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as
validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions.
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified
shared services, third party service providers, and significant
- Performing COSO testing of key application controls and IT
general controls, including design effectiveness assessments and
operating effectiveness testing.
- Validating and challenging documentation of application control
deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated
impact, and corrective actions.
- Analyzing - the severity of application control deficiencies, -
and their impact to internal control over financial reporting.
- Validating corrective actions.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders
in the applicable line of business - and IT functions related to
assigned process areas.
- Assisting with projects impacting the team.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or
business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance,
Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of
experience in one or a combination of the following: finance,
accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the
following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal
Reserve and OCC
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and
work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative,
- Ability to present to senior level executives
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum two years at Big Four/super regional public accounting
firm with experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM,
- Practical experience performing IT audit/IT COSO application
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly
challenge status quo; experience with continuous improvement of
application control testing processes and results
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate
difficult positions without harming relationships
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a
NC-Charlotte: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $84,000 Mid: $120,000
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo Bank, Gastonia , Financial Controls & Oversight Senior Consultant - IT, Professions , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!