Rolloff Drivers- $18.50
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: September 6, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Rolloff CDL Drivers- Gastonia
$18.50 - $24/hr Based on relevant waste industry experience
(Weekly Pay, Local Travel!)Are you seeking a position with local
travel? Want to work for a growing company? Looking for great
benefits and competitive pay? Would you enjoy working in a company
culture focused on teamwork, customer service and safety? If you
are an experienced Class A or B CDL driver and this sounds like
you, Waste Management has a great opportunity for you! Click apply
today and check your email to conduct your phone interview. We look
forward to hearing from you! About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! And
we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid
Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits
may vary by site
- Pay: $18.50 - $24/hour based on industry experience
- $18.50/hr without Waste industry or rolloff experience
- Benefits after 90 days!
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is
responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile
open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or
recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will
navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may
operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes.
Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully
perform this job. This position does involve getting in and out of
the truck and has physical labor involved.
Work schedule: Early morning start, five day work week, overtime
available, 10-12 hour work days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment
and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions,
including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or
potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customers property
in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced,
and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a
CDL or equivalent military driving for at least 1 year
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21
years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an
air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical,
and background check, which will include previous employment check,
criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Drivers will attend 2 weeks training in Florida
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Rolloff, CDL dump truck and/or concrete truck driver experience
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management
site in Gastonia, NC.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
__ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the
legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform
physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or
without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the
position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Gastonia , Rolloff Drivers- $18.50, Professions , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!