Heavy Diesel Technician $1500 Bonus- Gastonia, NC - WASTE MANAGEMENT
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Expert Mechanic + the Leader in Solid Waste Industry = A Winning Team! TOP Talent deserves TOP Pay "A" Technician/Sr. Technician pay range: $23 - $28.50 "B" Technician pay range $20 - $23 "C" Technician pay range $19 - $21
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics and managers. Reason to Join the WM Fleet Family : 1.) $1500 Sign On Bonus! 2.) Exceptional benefits, (each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days, (benefits vary by site) 3.) State of the art technical training (in house & with top fleet vendors) 4.) $200 tool allowance each quarter, company paid uniforms, PPE & boot allowance 5.) Nationwide growth opportunity and assured growth path: Technician - Sr. Technician - Lead Technician - Supervisor - Fleet Manager Check us out TODAY and bring your technical expertise home! Hours: Day shift: 4PM - 2AM, Monday to Friday with a rotating Saturday-- Great overtime! Education and Experience Education: Not required. Experience: Two (2) years or more years of (class 8) heavy truck repair experience, to include airbrakes, hydraulics, electrical & diagnostics. ASE's and CDL a strong plus.
Here is how you will use you expertise:
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review. If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Gastonia , Heavy Diesel Technician $1500 Bonus- Gastonia, NC - WASTE MANAGEMENT, Professions , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!