Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator III
Company: Vallen Distribution, Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Why Join our Team? At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique.
We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways
each of us contributes to Vallen's success. We pride ourselves on
being an inclusive company that values the growth of our
associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning
team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform
your job into a career. Vallen is an industry leader in delivering
flexible supply chain solutions while creating value for our
customers, our supply partners, and our associates. Your Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days)
- 401K with discretionary company match - (US positions
- Employer-paid Basic Life for Employee, Spouse, and
- Employer-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vitality Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups for networking and team building
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety Shoe and Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Employee Discounts through BenefitHub
- Advancement Opportunity. Position Summary: Join our exciting &
dedicated team at Vallen as a Lead Vendor-Managed Inventory (VMI
Coordinator III). In this position, you are responsible for
providing leadership and training to other VMI associates.
Additionally, you will deliver and manage inventory at customers'
designated sites. You will perform the physical or administrative
tasks involved in storing, distributing and order fulfillment of
merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
You may also assist management as necessary to coordinate the work
of others to ensure proper client coverage and support. Essential
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and training mentorship to assigned VMI
- Drives company commercial vehicles to transport and deliver
goods to designated locations in a safe manner and in compliance
with all State and Federal DOT standards and regulations.
- Assist with VMI customer space/placement, sets up the
appropriate area to receive shipment of material, stocks the
product in the customer's designated area.
- Follows the customer order through from pick-up at Vallen's
warehouse/DC to delivery and set up at customer site.
- Works to ensure the accuracy of shipments to the customer.
- Perform VMI functions at vending point of use areas: loading,
receiving and minor repairs or changes, including mandatory
communication with direct supervisor and the sales team.
- Takes customer spot buy orders when needed and relays the
information to the CSR or Account Rep.
- Recommends changes to the customer inventory levels based on
- Scans bins at customer site to generate customer orders
- Ensures that bar code labels are up to date and legible for
scanners to read or prints out the appropriate bar code labels as
- Collects data from VMI team on min/max, reorder point/quantity
and reports observations back to managements.
- Assist in the annual inventory (cycle) counts on consigned
- Assist in the development of customer specific instruction
manual for use by local VMI team members.
- Presents information and respond to questions from clients,
customers, and managers.
- 5S all VMI Point of Use areas.
- Performs other duties as requested. Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years' relevant experience or training in warehouse,
inventory counting or delivery
- Valid driver's license that complies with Vallen's
- Willingness to learn and work on assignments that are
semi-routine in nature.
- Must be a self-starter with the willingness to work with
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrated ability to get the job done correctly and in a
- Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem
- Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships
with customers, co-workers and management
- Ability to determine methods and procedures on new
- Must have knowledge of company products
- Ability to represent Vallen in a professional manner projecting
a Winning Team approach to customer service. Work Environment &
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and
may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions of this position.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various
forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear,
- Required to properly operate and control a motor vehicle;
specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job
duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching,
grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying
multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and
- May be required to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.; must have the
ability to handle physical inventory that requires hand
- May work in extreme hot or cold environments; various
facilities may have dusty conditions. Stay up to date with Vallen,
and follow us on , and .
Equal Opportunity Employer - Ethnically and Culturally
Keywords: Vallen Distribution, Inc., Gastonia , Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator III, Professions , Belmont, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!