Company: The Timken Company
Posted on: March 18, 2023
We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and
manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging
environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the
world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled
value to our customers.South Carolina and Georgia TerritoryThe
Account Manager position sells services and products using
technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence
customers and assist them in applying the products/services to
their needs, resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the
position provides input and participates in the marketing,
marketing planning and technical development of products and
services. You are the primary point of contact for customer
requests, orders, concerns, suggestions, and complaints. Essential
- Provide direct sales of Groeneveld products to end user
customers and authorized installing OEM dealers
- Manage and directs all aspects of the customers' sales process,
activities and account management within assigned territory.
- Travels the sales territory to call on regular and prospective
customers. Regular travel to customer locations for application
review of both new and existing projects.
- Drives sales growth in region effectively by managing the
customer sales cycle process.
- Responsible for selling all GVLS product lines, as well as
introducing other MPT products and services.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales
targets as set by the executive leadership.
- Collect customer data, feedback and needs to communicate to
leadership for future product development and introduction
- Stays connected to the market and competitors; monitoring
others' activities and ensures protection of GVLS intellectual
- Sources new opportunities and introduces GVLS product
- Provides validated forecasting data by customer and product.
Coordinates monthly sales forecasting between customers and
internal sales and procurement departments.Complete Customer Sales
or Parts Order Form and Customer Requirement Sheet for each
- Works with Accounting to establish and resolve customer credit
- Negotiates contracts, supplier agreements, communicates pricing
increases and business partnerships for the company.
- Responsible for monthly reporting, monthly CRM updates, monthly
forecasting and monthly expense report management.
- Responsible for consistent customer visits, trade show
attendance and regular headquarter visits.
- Works with the Engineering and Technical departments to resolve
customer problems and design demands.
- Primary point of contact for all aspects of customer relations
including, product presentations, application review, product
interfacing issues/questions, quotation presentation, post
application follow up and any additional communication.
- Creates personal sales quotas in line with achieving company
- Communicates rolling forecasting to ensure product availability
and target achievement.
- Trains and works directly with other Account Managers to
collectively drive sales growth and market share.
- Review and update CRM and National Sales Manager on open
leads/opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for all sales plannin Technical and Functional
- Covet full territorial customer base to retain current customer
base and obtain new customers to further enhance the GVLS market
- Effective and consistent customer contact to develop resilient
customer relations, and identify new opportunities for revenue
- Attend sales meetings and conferences.
- Use the educational aids provided from sales meetings and in
- Pass on experiences of sales situations to other GVLS
- Follow GVLS sales order process
- Attend trade shows and industry events
- Work with a high level of integrity and ethical fortitude
- Performs CRM updates on all prospect and active accounts
- Self-motivated, and ambitious personality
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite Basic Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree required or 20 plus years experience. All
qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their
individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other
employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender
or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: The Timken Company, Gastonia , Account Manager, Professions , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...