Company: BW Flexible Systems
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Perform duties required to install electrical wiring, electrical
components, conduit, and fittings following established procedures
and working from work orders, wiring diagrams, drawings, and verbal
instructions. Encourages others to discover, develop and apply
their talents enabling them to reach their full potential. Actively
engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous
improvement and development opportunities.
- Drill and tap holes in specified locations for mounting control
units, using hand tools, drill press, and following drawings and
- Attach breakers, sensors, junction boxes, relays, transformers,
insulators, control cabinets, signs, faceplates, and other
components with bolts and screws, using wrenches and
- Label and terminate wires in electrical enclosures.
- Read blueprints, engineering drawings, electrical diagrams,
ladder diagrams, I/O schematics, etc.
- Connect color-coded wires, following wiring diagram.
- Pull wire through conduit, making proper connections as
specified in drawings.
- Cut, thread, and bend conduit of all types and sizes.
- Create and assemble wiring harnesses and wire kits.
- Solder connections and crimp connectors to wire ends, using
soldering iron and pliers.
- Inspect systems and electrical parts to detect hazards,
defects, and need for adjustments or repair.
- Identify and conform electrical classifications, including
hazardous locations, according to regulations.
- Safely use and understand electrical testing devices (i.e.
volt-amp meters, meggers, phase rotation meters, etc).
- Report defective material, parts, and equipment, as well as
unusual conditions to department leader.
- Identify, communicate, and document improvements to procedures
- Comply with company standards for attendance and hours of
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition,
informing supervisor of defective or faulty equipment or materials
and unusual conditions, maintaining quality standards, and
following safety rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent with additional electrical
course work and minimum of 5 years related electrical assembly
- An Associates Degree in mechatronics, electrical or related
field and minimum of 3 years related electrical assembly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints and electrical
- Basic math, use of basic hand tools, measuring devices and
- Good electrical aptitude, familiarity with PLC's, pneumatics
and electrical test equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to reflect on completed tasks, identifying what worked
well, what did not and what could be done differently next
- Flexibility to work in other areas as workload
- Ability to work safely, maintain positive behaviors and
communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as workload
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift, push/pull,
walk, bend, twist, crouch, kneel, stoop, climb heights, and in and
out of machines.
- Close visual work.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long durations.
- Experience in precision assembly
- Experience with packaging equipment and/or systems
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Electrical Schematics
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- PLC Wiring Experience
Keywords: BW Flexible Systems, Gastonia , Electrical Assembler, Professions , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!