Information Governance Advisor - Data Solutions (Analyst II )(Remote)
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Mid-Level Information Governance Advisor
- Data Solutions (Analyst II)(Remote Work available) As an
Information Governance Advisor - Data Solutions, you will be
collaborating with leadership and technical teams to define, shape,
and guide the continued evolution of the Information Governance
strategy and programs. Our ideal candidate will bring extensive
knowledge of information governance, have experience with business
risk-driven strategy approaches, an ability to integrate technology
and organizational aspects of strategy, and be able to communicate
effectively among and translate between technology and
non-technical partners, have a passion to build the long-term
strategy and vision of Information Governance, and possess a strong
aim to empower others. Critical thinking, superb communication,
collaboration skills, and attention to detail are foundational to
success in this role. For either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or
Phoenix, AZ facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100%
Remote Work Environment.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control
and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through
appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise
and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors
the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge
to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are
kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the
appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex
initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office
and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages
broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products and processes
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, and provides
information and recommendation to peers and the business
stakeholders across a single data domain and/or information
- Participates in the development and implementation of business
solutions as a team resource.
- Contributes to development of the mission, goals, critical
success factors, principles, policies for data and information
- Supports current assessment of information governance process
- Partners with internal groups and/or vendors to maintain
complete and accurate meta data information using querying and
other system tools to produce required reports.
- Analyzes and effectively resolves problems and issues.
- Resolves gaps in adherence to polices and standards and
identifies appropriate issues and for escalation.
- Recognizes opportunities and provides recommendations to
improve governance of information and data.
- Performs moderately complex work assignments and problem
resolution within a single system, process, or channel.
- Acquires and applies maturing knowledge of Information
Governance and data management to the business, channels, and their
applications and processes for a single data domain.
- Collaborates with peers and leadership to execute information
governance and data management practices and processes. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Information Architecture, Information
Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information
Technology or a related technical field; OR 4 years of related
experience in information governance, information management or
information architecture (in addition to the minimum years of
experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2 years of experience in Information or Data related practices
to include: information governance, information management,
information architecture, IT, Risk, Audit, analysis and reporting;
or Advanced degree in Information Architecture, Information
Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information
Technology or a related technical field.
- Knowledge and application of Information Governance framework
- Experience solving data issues and analyzing solutions.
- Understanding of Data Governance Requirements
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage
timelines and balance multiple deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to
gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue
freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations
successfully, and manage and resolve conflict
- Proven experience in identifying needs and managing the
implementation of Master Data business processes and technical
- Project Management experience
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600
(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied
based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Gastonia , Information Governance Advisor - Data Solutions (Analyst II )(Remote), Professions , Belmont, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!