Production Manager - Roll Label Slitting
Company: Mactac North America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryEffectively plans, leads,
organizes, and controls the manufacturing process for all
manufacturing-related operations within Roll Label Slitting.
Directs yet empowers shift supervisors to achieve area safety,
quality and productivity targets. Slitting supervisors and shift
Associates report to this manager. The operation is normally
5day/24hr, 3 shift process.Key Responsibilities
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first by supporting
overall employee safety, fire protection, housekeeping programs and
maintains safe working environment.
- Monitors all production, waste, and quality metrics. Generates
and validates various reports necessary to ensure continuous
quality and productivity improvement are made to achieve stated
goals within the manufacturing operation. When necessary, drives
departmental improvement projects and Kaizen events as needed to
meet the identified goals.
- Oversees staffing schedule assignments to meet production and
customer service requirements, while monitoring production
schedules in conjunction with productivity constraints and
- Partners with engineering and maintenance department personnel
to establish or refine preventative and routine maintenance
programs as well as monitors daily production downtime issues to
determine root causes and reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Participates in the Quality Management System and enforces
policies and procedures to maintain quality standards. Ensures
Standard Operating Procedures and check sheets are created/revised
as needed to improve process repeatability/quality, reduce mistakes
- Conducts departmental shift meetings regularly. Plans,
coordinates, and leads regular department communications
- Available on-call as a technical and leadership resource to the
plant during all hours of operations. Supervisors and shift leads
handle routine problems. As the department manager, you will be
notified when critical process equipment has been down for 2 hours.
You must coordinate and support the response to return the
equipment to a safe running condition. Generally, the process is
shutdown from Friday night until Sunday night.
- Enforces all company policies regarding performance and
behavior standards and operational procedures as defined by the
standard work instructions.
- Aligns with the Engineering/Maintenance Manager, Safety
Manager, Quality Manager, Process Engineers and Project Engineers
to identify and prioritize equipment improvement projects.
- Works with Corporate Supply Chain Managers to ensure the
process produces material according to the production plan.
- Conducts succession planning activities to develop "ready now"
leaders across the facility.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. Engineering degree is
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a manufacturing manager
leadership role (Manufacturing or Engineering).
- Experience in slitting, winding and automated packing of film
- Recent use of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques with
- History of leading continuous improvement projects within a
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with ERP system(s), JD Edwards preferred.
- Ability to drive to true root cause and corrective actions by
use of tools such as 5 Why, Fishbone, Pareto charts.
- Experience working within a Management of Change system and
demonstrating and risk avoidance mindset.Skills Required:
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems to review job orders, raw material
availability and adjust production schedule as needed and within
- Ability to work and thrive under time constraints and
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead
cross-functional initiatives across a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, and flexible.
- Strong problem-solving skills.Contacts
- Has daily contact and interaction with all direct and indirect
associates to coordinate production activities.
- Has frequent communications with Safety Manager, Quality
Manager, E&M Manager, Finance Manager, direct and indirect
reports on operational problems, efficiencies, and process
- Has routine meetings and discussions with the plant leadership
regarding processing issues and product specification concerns
within all departments.
- Has frequent communications with the maintenance department
regarding machine issues, scheduling maintenance downtime, spare
machine parts, etc.
- Meets with the Plant Manager to review production output
metrics, safety issues, training and development of managers and
supervisors, production quality issues, and capital equipment
- Has routine interaction with the Human Resources Dept. on
matters regarding employee disciplinary measures, accident
investigation reports, new employee hiring, etc.
- Meets with Production Scheduling personnel as needed to adjust
machine operation scheduling to improve production efficiency.
- Contacts outside of the plant are primarily with peers in the
other Mactac facilities in the form of knowledge sharing,
consultation, and mentoring.
- Communications may extend to customers, vendors, raw material
suppliers regarding the quality of incoming raw
- Immediate Supervision
- Roll Label Slitting supervisors and shift associates
- Work Direction
- Provides direction and focus to the daily work activities of
direct reports. Assigns special projects when necessary. Plans,
organizes, and controls the workflow through this area of the
- Employee Relations
- Promotes and maintains high morale and productivity of
employees through fair and effective supervisory practices.
Evaluates job performance of all employees, disciplining where
necessary and providing verbal or written recognition for
- Assets and Operations
- Responsible for the assets and operations through the efficient
utilization of manpower, materials, and equipment in all areas of
the production floor.
- Policies and Methods
- Is responsible for the uniform administration of plant and
corporate policies and procedures. Maintains and supports the
purpose and intent of our objective to keep the plant union-free.
Makes suggestions for improvement of plant procedures with the
concurrence of the Plant Manager.
- Records and Reports
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all production
records and reports initiated throughout the process. Leads the
Daily Process review meeting with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality
and R&D.Essential Physical Requirements
- Roughly 50% of working hours are on the floor, the remaining
time is spent in an office setting. Hazards are those normally
associated with a Plant position and include: noise levels above 85
decibels, warm building temperature during mid-summer months,
rotating equipment, and machine parts.
- Personal and product safety requirements for the plant include
safety glasses, safety shoes, and hairnets.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not
sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for
this job opening.
- Relocation Eligible: Eligible for RelocationWhat You'll Love
- Learning & Development: Tuition assistance available along with
an internal training budget. Get with a hands-on company, in a
fast-paced environment where you can have the runway to make
- Rest & Relaxation: 10 paid holidays off per year on top of a
generous vacation policy.
- Great company culture: Work for a company that genuinely values
work/life balance. We also have a give back mentality with
participation in a variety of community activities & events.
- Health Benefits: Medical with HSA options, Dental, and Vision
starting day one for you and your family.
- Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401(k) with company
- The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
- It is the policy of Mactac that all employees are employed at
the will of Mactac for an indefinite period and are subject to
termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or
notice. At the same time, employees may terminate their employment
at any time and for any reason.
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship
status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Mactac North America, Gastonia , Production Manager - Roll Label Slitting, Professions , Moore, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!