Finance Leader- Distribution & Transportation
Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Title: Finance Leader- D&TLocation: Gastonia, NCReports to:
Senior Manager, Finance DescriptionThe Finance Leader - D&T
will support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
as well as budgeting and forecasting cycles for the Gastonia, NC
service center. He/she will additionally conduct financial
reporting/analysis, forecasting, and variance analysis.Key
- Provide detailed, timely, and accurate analysis for month-end
close including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Provide informative analysis for service centers including
significant operating variances on a daily/weekly/monthly
- Create and issue daily and weekly financial reports/metrics to
the management team and be able to answer questions and provide
additional analysis as requested
- Assist with various audit and SOX requests
- Weekly spend reviews with management team
- Work with management team to create annual budget and monthly
forecasts for service centers
- Work with management team on understanding key financial
metrics and cost controls
- Work with management team on productivity idea generation,
related financial analysis and monthly reporting of actual
- Areas of responsibility could include: spend reporting/control
within service centers, fixed assets/construction in progress,
inventory/cycle count reporting/support, physical inventory, VAS
operation tracking and variances
- Support and assist in enforcing facility, divisional, corporate
accounting policies and procedures
- Support finance leadership with other ad-hoc requestsKey
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Three or more years of experience in finance/accounting, some
of which are preferred to be in a distribution environment.
- Strong computer systems skills, with advanced knowledge of
spreadsheets and databases (Excel - pivot tables/v-lookups).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, works with a sense of urgency, takes
initiative and can work through multiple tasks and meet
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, positive
attitude and works well in teams.
- SAP Experience is a plus
- Must be willing to work well in a dynamic changing
environmentNewell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer
goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands,
including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman,
Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger,
NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee
Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes
life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers
and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Newell Brands, Gastonia , Finance Leader- Distribution & Transportation, Professions , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!