CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - Now Hiring
Company: Colonial Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Colonial Family has moved forward together since 1921. Our
success in diverse markets is attributable to our exceptional
people, who work collectively to create opportunities for our
customers and our companies. By consistently investing in the
development of our people, we ensure our management, operations,
and support teams work seamlessly to deliver the best service in
their respective industries.
With the growth of all of the Colonial companies, we look for
talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a
company with a culture driven by diversity, innovation, and
Build Your Career, Impact Your Community, Join Our Colonial
**SIGN ON BONUS FOR NEW DRIVERS**
This position is responsible for the safe and effective delivery of
Colonial's products and services to the customer. Colonial's
drivers play a critical role in shaping our service reputation as a
company. The Driver must exhibit a thorough understanding of the
equipment being operated and the products being delivered.
- In a timely and safe manner, drives a truck to transport Fuel &
Lubricants to and from specified destinations, such as plants,
offices and industrial yards.
- Maintain equipment in clean, organized and safe working
- Thorough understanding of all equipment to be operated,
including: pumps, hoses, nozzles, and Smartruck software.
- Lifts and carries long hoses for dispensing product at customer
- Maintains drivers logs per state and federal regulations.
- Maintain compliance with DOT Regulations.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Responsible to perform pre-trip, post-trip, and in-transit
- Responsible for ensuring load is locked, braced and
- Expected to understand the applicable procedures in the
- Inspect tank inventory - Check tanks to ensure proper
- Drivers are the face of the company and will be expected to
look and conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years CDL truck driving experience.
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazardous endorsements.
- Must have at least one year of fueling experience.
- Must have basic math and reading for English comprehension
- Basic computer skills inclusive of understanding and utilizing
electronic logs, employee time reporting and utilization of
- Must be highly motivated and have a disposition for outstanding
customer service and teamwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job. The work environment for this job
will include exposure to all weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move
40 - 60 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to
creating an environment that values and supports diversity and
inclusiveness across our organizations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.00 Required
Keywords: Colonial Group, Inc., Gastonia , CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - Now Hiring, Professions , Woodruff, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!