Financial Reporting Analyst Senior
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a hardworking and talented
Financial Reporting Analyst Senior.
Hybrid schedules available for Plano, TX, San Antonio, TX facility
or Charlotte, NC facility.
Serves as key contributor in preparation and delivery of financial
statements and regulatory reports and analysis used by internal and
external stakeholders to meet regulatory and compliance reporting
requirements. Proven ability to perform appropriate research,
prepare and review complex financial and regulatory reports, solve
problems and completes significant business and operational
analytics while adhering to internal controls over financial
reporting. Supports audits and examinations and interacts
frequently with internal and external auditors and regulatory
examiners.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role. -
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activities. -
- Develops and implements processes to facilitate the end-to-end
delivery of complex financial and regulatory reporting to include
Bank Holding Company reporting, Enterprise GAAP reporting, P&C
and Life Insurance STAT reporting, and / or investment reporting.
- Acquires and applies demonstrated knowledge of appropriate and
applicable industry practices and USAA business and products
relevant impacting the financial statements. -
- Applies professional skepticism to Interpret and understand
financial results and regulatory information as well as business
and financial statement interrelationships, and provide informed,
proactive analysis and business insights for analytical review to
enable effective decision-making for financial and regulatory
- Prepares and reviews complex financial and regulatory reports
in addition to audited statements and support schedules.
- Performs procedures and identifies and implements improvements
in accordance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Interacts regularly with management, regulatory agencies, and
business partners (i.e., internal and external audit, treasury,
compliance and legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate discussion and
execution of requisite actions.
- Monitors, analyzes and interprets new, proposed and changes to
financial reporting requirements to determine the impact to USAA.
- Serves as an advisor to management and serves as valued and
trusted resource to team members as well as a mentor to peers and
- Drafts and delivers disclosures, technical memos, and delivers
presentations and other supporting documentation
- Partners with areas across the enterprise to ensure correct and
timely receipt of supporting information.
- Plans and prioritizes maintenance of processes, procedures,
tools and resources.When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. - This will take
approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able
to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
discipline: 4 additional years of related experience beyond the
minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience preparing and delivering
financial statements and regulatory reports in the financial
services industry, Bank Holding Company, or relevant work
- Minimum of 4 years' experience conducting research and
preparing business and operational financial analysis.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Financial services industry experience in Banking or
- WDesk application experience
- Ability to coordinate and work cross-functionally with other
business units, including the lines of business, legal and
compliance.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500.Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. *Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average. -
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. - -Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Gastonia , Financial Reporting Analyst Senior, Professions , Lowell, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!