Plant Operator - Washsmart
Company: Daniels Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking to hire a Plant Operator for our Daniels' medical
waste treatment facility in Gastonia, NC. A Plant Operator has a
widely varying role, from checking in containers, double checking
paperwork, moving/unloading specific waste containers, and
operating a forklift to load an autoclave. The ideal Plant Operator
is an individual who likes variety in their work and can think
through practical problems. -Daniels Health is now offering an
additional $500 for joining our amazing team in Gastonia!What will
your job involve?
- Weigh incoming sharps and regulated medical waste containers
(using our Weighbridge)
- Load/operate our autoclave machine (a pressure chamber to melt
- Load the Washsmart system (container washing + sanitization
- Drive a forklift and operate hand trucks once trained
- Lifting 55lbs and push a four-wheeled cart that weighs as much
- Provide attention to detail, especially with the paperwork
required to process these items
- Standing for extended periods of time happily and
- Working well with a team because we are all about team work!
-What are we looking for?
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is committed to efficient,
timely scheduling with previous experience in a labor-intensive
job. A person with proven longevity with their employers that we
can rely on.Why work for us?
- - - - - - - -Job stability -- as an essential service to
healthcare we are non-seasonal and recession proof.
- - - - - - - -Opportunities for overtime -- we always need extra
hands on deck so overtime opportunities are plentiful
- - - - - - - -Consistent work hours -- Monday- Friday position
- - - - - - - -Benefits -- Full time roles are provided benefits,
sick leave and vacation leave from day one
- - - - - - - -Permanent position - -This is a Full-time
permanent role of 40 hours per week
- - - - - - - -Competitive salary - -This position is offering a
rate of $6.50 per hour. -
- - - - - - - -Safe work environment -- We supply above and
beyond the standard PPE protocols for safe handling of medical
waste - find out more about how we protect you at -Who are we? We
are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and
medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical
centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the
healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and
safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce
needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and
reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we
dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities
across the U.S.Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity
employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the
purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment
of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health &
Sharpsmart - conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all
applicable laws and regulations.
Keywords: Daniels Health, Gastonia , Plant Operator - Washsmart, Professions , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!