Manufacturing Technician - ACA (2nd Shift)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services
across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single
fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand
products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate
annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our
commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL
"Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
The Manufacturing Tech 1 will be a member of the Accessories
manufacturing team and will be responsible for safely operating our
production line and machines. This person must be diligent in
adhering to procedures, focused on producing the best quality
products, being highly productive and mindful of costs. The
successful candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging,
dynamic, team-based manufacturing environment. This person will be
accountable for meeting safety, quality, and production goals in
support of our customers and business plan.
* Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies
* Monitor production and conduct efficient machine changeovers.
* Insure product meets quality specifications and daily production
goals are achieved.
* Accurately enter production and quality data using a
* Achieve and maintain assigned production process
* Maintain assigned work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
* Assist other operators with machine set-up and operation as
* Document and report quality issues.
* Complete assigned preventative maintenance tasks on time.
* Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Physical demands:
* Job involves sitting, standing, walking and lifting for periods
of time throughout the day
* Able to pass pre-employment physical / drug screen and ongoing
random drug screens.
* Must be able to differentiate between color shades (cannot be
* Must be able to lift between 15 and 40 pounds repeatedly on a
* Personal protective equipment requirements:
* Safety Glasses must be worn at all times.
* Steel toes shoes must be worn at all times.
* Some positions will require ear plugs to be worn at all times
* Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve
even the most challenging environments with limited
* Able to comprehend and follow work instructions, apply basic
math, and use handheld measurement devices.
* Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is
comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
* Mechanically oriented individual with the ability to solve
problems and implement change.
* Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to
clearly explain issues.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Oracle a plus.
* General understanding of manufacturing operations.
* Good time management
Keywords: AFL, Gastonia , Manufacturing Technician - ACA (2nd Shift), Professions , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!