Company: Labor Finders
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Looking for on-the-job training to advance your career while
getting paid? Are you skilled with diverse physical tasks? Do you
work efficiently and pay attention to detail?
We're looking for concrete workers who are responsible for
smoothing out, leveling and finishing freshly poured concrete at
construction sites. If you're familiar with this work and can
handle it with skill and care to produce quality workmanship, then
is role has your name on it.
Concrete Worker responsibilities may include the following:
- Smoothing out concrete in segments to ensure the concrete
poured is level.
- Filling roadways, driveways, sidewalks, bridges, homes, and
- Arranging the concrete forms and spreading concrete.
- Leveling it using special blades, making sure all lumps and
bubbles are smoothed over.
- Using wood or plastic forms to shape the concrete and hold it
until it is set.
- Smoothing high spots and fill depressions, washing away excess
- Making concrete beams, columns, and panels.
- Finishing corners by hand.
- Applying latex and epoxy to floors.
- Using machines that vibrate concrete to fill air pockets.
- Using groovers and hand trowels to spread concrete.
- Monitoring how the wind, heat, or cold affects the curing of
the concrete and halting concrete pouring if weather looks
- Installing masonry according to specifications.
- Using chemical additives to speed up drying process, if
necessary, or pouring sand in as filler.
- Standing, kneeling, and bending for long periods of time. You
will need to have the following:
- Proven experience as cement mason or concrete worker.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of concrete to determine what
is happening to the concrete and take measures to prevent
- Apprenticeship experience and knowledge of construction basics
like: blueprint reading; mathematics, measurement, volume, and
mixing proportions; building code requirements; and safety and
- Hand-eye coordination, physical stamina and strength, color
vision and visualization are important qualities.
- Proficiency with electrical and manual equipment as well as
measurement tools (power saws, hammers, rulers etc.).
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- English language skills.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move materials between
50 to over 100 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship program is
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - the job will keep you busy and moving
throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise - learning to operate and master complex
processes tools and machinery.
- Enhanced communication skills - learning how to talk to diverse
sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills - avoiding and
resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork - partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure
customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills - helping train and prepare new
employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for training, advancement to
supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with
prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning
Keywords: Labor Finders, Gastonia , Concrete Worker, Other , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...