Forklift Operator - Gaffney, SC
Company: CRH Plc.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job ID: 479786
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position requires operating a forklift in a rugged 50+ acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility.
* Operate stretch wrap machines, film roll up-enders, and extended boom arm forklift equipment
* Organize product on the yard according to inventory procedures
* Safely load product onto and unload product from flatbeds and box trailers
* Validate packing slips, ship tickets, and other delivery documentation by auditing, recording and interpreting shipping documentation, weights & measures, labels and production schedules
* At least 2 years' experience operating 5,000 lb forklift in an outdoor yard environment
* High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Ability to perform routine inspection, fueling & preventive maintenance duties (lubrication, cleaning, battery change)
* Ability to read and write in English
* Math, communication, and comprehension skills to interface with transportation, dispatch, & direct trailer hitch operations
* Ability to successfully pass internal Forklift Certification Training and demonstrate safety procedures
* Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
* Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
* Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, and work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
What CRH Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2023
Job ID: 479786
Keywords: CRH Plc., Gastonia , Forklift Operator - Gaffney, SC, Other , Gaffney, North Carolina
here to apply!