SQL Developer I (Hybrid or Remote Option Available)
Company: Partners Behavioral Health Management
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package!
Position eligible for -
- Annual incentive bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with low deductible/low
cost health plan
- Generous vacation and sick time accrual
- 12 paid holidays
- State Retirement (pension plan)
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Company paid life and disability insurance
- Wellness Programs See attachment for additional details.
Location: Negotiable for any of our office locations; Hybrid or
Remote Option Available
Projected Hiring Range: Depending on Experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position performs complex professional work in the creation
and maintenance of the relational databases utilized by the
Role and Responsibilities:
Design, develop or implement SQL databases and analytical
procedures necessary to satisfy the needs of the agency as outlined
by policies and procedures and to meet the requirements of North
Carolina State and Federal law. Certifies accuracy and completeness
of applications by preparing data and testing features,
functionality, and results. Prepares documentation of all
procedures, changes or maintenance in applications.
60% *Application/Database Analysis and Development.
- Develop and modify existing SQL databases and database
management systems to meet the evolving requirements of the
- Develop and maintain relational Data Views for use by other
agency analysts and report writers.
- Assist with the design and development of data schemas and
definitions to support Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary
- Develop data models describing data elements and how they are
used and accessed by other applications and reporting
- Review project requests, develop specifications and estimate
effort required to accomplish project.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for
making changes to database.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database and
reporting development and determine project scope and
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to
serve as a source of information and advice for the IT Development
Manager. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions
and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct
others in coding descriptions.
- Review workflow charts developed by system analyst to
understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating
- Revise agency definition of data as defined in data dictionary
40% *Data Analysis and reporting.
- Analyze, support, prepare, and verify agency compliance with
computing and reporting requirements, including ANSI Transactions
(837I, 837P, 835, 999, 270/271, 834, etc.), state quarterly Concern
and Complaint reporting, state Screening Triage and Referral (STR)
quarterly reports, required 1915(b)/(c) Waiver reporting, and other
data file exchanges and reporting.
- Developing reports as requested by LME/MCO staff in accordance
with agency standards.
- Creates complex reports and Data Cubes using various software
tools such as structured query language (SQL), Microsoft SQL Server
Reporting, Visual Studio, Power BI and Microsoft Excel.
- Independently audit and verify system information from both
system generated and user produced reports for consistency and
- Review reports to determine basic characteristics, such as
origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose
or function of report.
- Confer with persons originating, handling, processing, or
receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions
- Evaluate findings, using knowledge of workflow, operating
practices, records retention schedules, and office equipment
- Recommend establishment of new or modified reporting methods
and procedures to improve report content and completeness of
- Participates on QI committees, data committees and other
structured workgroups as a technical resource and as an IT
- Assist IT staff with the development of automated processes as
required in completion of the current and long-range goals set
forth by the IT Development Manager. Works with Project Teams and
business resources to gather business requirements and drive
functional and technical designs for Business Intelligence
solutions (Data Warehouse, ETL, Metadata,
Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and Dashboards)
- Researches complex data issues; examine data in various source
systems for inconsistencies, review transformation logic and
propose corrective alternatives.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget with a high degree
- Work with multiple cross-functional project teams to accomplish
development activities that will include (but not be limited to)
logical and physical data modeling leveraging BI design principles,
semantic layer modeling and design, universe design and
development, report design, development, testing and deployment,
dashboard design, development, testing and deployment
- Create complex technical reports and reporting infrastructure
including data definitions and views.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis to produce complex documents
that clearly define quality assurance, testing criteria, prototypes
and mock-ups; measure results in sufficient detail; utilize version
control for requirements.
- Compile and integrate data from outside sources; analyzes
errors in digital file exchange and makes corrections;
- Review requests for special database applications, data, maps
and data layer; estimates time of completion and creates solutions
to meet needs;
- Obtains, analyzes, queries and manipulates data Performs other
job-related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable experience and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014 or
- Considerable knowledge of computers and related information
- Considerable knowledge of the software packages utilized by the
- Considerable knowledge of programming techniques, the
appropriate programming language(s), operating systems, and the
capabilities and limitations of computer and peripheral
- Demonstrated technical aptitude through strong analytical
skills, problem identification and resolution, organizational
skills, creativity, and critical thinking
- Excellent customer service and written and oral communication
skills required in working with users and team members
- Ability to communicate effectively with users who may not be
coherent in clarifying problem situations
- Ability to understand operations and organize component parts
into a logical system
- Ability to work under time constraints and to be able to
perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to display a positive attitude and show initiative to
meet departmental goals and exceed customer expectations
- Ability to communicate well with staff at various levels
throughout the agency to understand their needs and communicate how
they can leverage technology to successfully complete their
- Demonstrated strong work ethic by contributing high quality
work to a number of projects, a willingness to be available as
required outside standard hours, personal motivation, and the
ability to meet or exceed deadlines
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and
three (3) years of progressively responsible programming experience
in relational database or using Structure Query Languages (SQL) or
an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have
ability to travel as needed for the position.
Keywords: Partners Behavioral Health Management, Gastonia , SQL Developer I (Hybrid or Remote Option Available), Other , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...