Recycling Center Sorter
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sorter is responsible for safely and
efficiently processing incoming recyclable materials so that
outbound commodities are acceptable for sale to various brokers or
- Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum,
plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste.
- Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into
- Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including
stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations.
- Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove
unacceptable items as required.
- Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads
of special waste or other loads that require special
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a Recycling Facility sorting
Keywords: Republic Services, Gastonia , Recycling Center Sorter, Other , Conover, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!