Company: Advanced Drainage Systems
Location: Bessemer City
Posted on: January 20, 2023
At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold
moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety
of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to
traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a
multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing
pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms,
we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store
it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality
products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We
handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our
products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for
people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also
believe in creating a circular economy and are the largest plastic
recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and
detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds
of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network
of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our
story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website
A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the
daily activities associated with a production line. This includes
housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies,
repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position
requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as
required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to
This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week
and weekends as required. At ADS we offer both 8 & 12-hour shifts
and next day start options available!
Joining our team has great benefits, here's just a few for our
12-hour shift opportunities:
Work-life balance, with more days off per month you'll enjoy time
away from work. You can plan your life around predictable schedules
and extra days off for personal interests, hobbies, and wellness
Increased pay as our 12-hour shift will increase take-home pay
because you'll earn at least 8 hours of OT each pay period.
Personal Savings as our 12-hour shift employees will have fewer
workdays per week which mean fewer hours commuting and lower
expenses related to getting to and from work. At ADS this equals
six less trips to work per month.
Whether you want an 8 or 12-hour shift, we have it all
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
* Embraces a culture of safety
* Manages a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet
quality specifications that meet customer needs
* Utilizes standard operating procedures to ensure the production
line is running with specifications
* Leads with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
* Maintains a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE
and housekeeping compliance.
* Accurately completes shift production and reporting
* Conducts regular product sampling to ensure consistent
* Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
* Meets or exceeds standard production efficiencies on all
* Maintains and increases ability to operate various production
lines through certifications
* Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs
and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
* Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
* Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent
use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
* Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line
but also facility housekeeping
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
* Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
* Basic computer skills.
* Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe
* Reading and Writing skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Previous manufacturing machine operation or extrusion
* Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in
* Position requires full range of body motion including twisting,
bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount
industrial equipment and vehicles.
* Ability to stand and be mobile throughout a 12-hour shift.
* Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and
transport finished goods.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program
* Retirement Plan
* Paid Holidays/ Vacation Days
* And much more
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of
thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our
differences to create better solutions for our customers by
ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical
or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status,
creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or
any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Advanced Drainage Systems, Gastonia , Line Operator, Other , Bessemer City, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!