Company: Sodexo USA
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work
areas, equipment and utensils. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
* Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing
* Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
* Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
* Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
* Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and
work areas such as pantry and dish room.
* Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary
* Polishes silver.
* May wash pots.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
* No related work experience.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with
professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor
representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client
* Ability to use a computer.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and
savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and
other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo USA, Gastonia , Utility Worker, Other , Lenoir, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!