Experienced Fabric Cutter
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace
and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and
gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we
make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in
integrity, inclusion and belonging.What we need:
- We are adding Experience Cutters to our HBF team in Hickory,
NC! Ability to complete Cutter 1 and Cutter 2 resonsibilities. The
Cutter 3 position will also p rogram, s et up, operate and maintain
automated and hand cutter to cut fabric to product specifications.
Meet production, quality and safety requirements. Keep records, and
maintain equipment and supplies. What you'll do:
- Selects and compiles fabrics per production orders, ensuring
correct quantities, colors, and fabric types are selected for the
styles of chairs to be produced.
- Locate correct pattern and check fabric for defects. Verifies
that fabric and pattern correspond to ticket. Check dye lots of
- Roll fabric onto machine and lift into cradle (2 persons
- Program, set-up and operate automated cutter.
- Change cutting blade as necessary. Perform preventative
maintenance duties and minor repairs on the cutter as required.
Maintain CNC programs, advising programmer of needs and
requirements as necessary.
- Gather cut parts, sort, and bundle and prepare for sewing
department following quality specifications.
- Gather scrap and place in scrap tray for recycling.
- Unload fabric roll from cradle and return to fabric storage
- Cuts fabric and leather utilizing manual shears, and patterns
as necessary following quality and safety requirements.
- Provides support and back up for programmer and digitizing
functions as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports
unsafe conditions to Supervisor. What you have:
- High School or equivalent; able to read and write
- Experience with the following tools; scissors, computer system,
joystick control, screw driver, allen wrench. HNI Corporation
(NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building
products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings
segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial
furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The
residential building products segment is the nation's leading
manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.HNI Corporation was
recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board
of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's
Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek. How we act today protects
how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs
at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's
differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better
serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: We offer
Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To
learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .We also invite
you to visit us at to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Gastonia , Experienced Fabric Cutter, Other , Catawba, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!