PRN MRI Tech
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary The MRI Technologist will perform a variety of
complex, specialized, and technical tasks associated with the
operation of high field strength magnets utilized in imaging and
x-ray as needed. Minimum Requirements Education
- Completion of a 24-month accredited and approved School of
Radiologic Technology plus completion of an accredited MR program
or 10+ years experience in MRI Experience
- N/A License/Registration/Certifications
- Current ARRT Registry in Radiography and Advanced certification
- BLS Certification Preferred Requirements Preferred
- N/A Preferred Experience
- N/A Preferred License/Registration/Certifications
- N/A Core Job Responsibilities
- Perform complex tasks associated with the operation of high
field strength magnets and related equipment to produce special
images of specific body parts. Position patients for MR scans using
immobilization and protective equipment as required.
- Evaluate MR scans for technical quality, collate processed
images in sequence per protocol and appropriately label. Complete
appropriate documentation on all systems, mark review and transmit
to PACS in a timely manner.
- Screen patients for MR safety prior to procedure performance.
Screen and maintain safety zones for all personnel and guests
entering the MRI area
- Assist other healthcare professionals with imaging procedures,
starting IV's, delivery of oral contrast and injecting contrast,
- Assist radiologist with interventional MR procedures
- Positively responds and implements change when needed and has
good decision-making skills.
- Assists with quality control and maintenance of all equipment
in the area
- Properly utilize accessory equipment such as injectors, patient
moving devices, stretchers, warmers, scanners, printers, and PACS
- Prepare patients for procedures, explain procedures to
patients. Report changes in patient condition to medical staff.
Provide an oral and/or written clinical history to the radiologist
and other healthcare professionals.
- Assists in training of new staff and of students during
- Follows, maintains and helps implement hospital and
departmental policies and procedures
- Consistently communicates with patients, guests, staff and
physicians in a positive manner
- Knowledgeable of compliance and regulatory requirements and
adheres to Federal, State, accrediting bodies, and standard
practice of care for patients, staff, guests and facilities
- Adheres to departmental procedures and protocols
- Rotating schedules for after-hours call and holidays
- Ensure correct charging of procedures and supplies daily
- Works as a team member with peers and other departments.
Responds calmly and efficiently to situations.
- Regularly attend departmental meeting, in-services and actively
participate in continuing education activities Other duties as
requested by supervisor or manager
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Gastonia , PRN MRI Tech, Other , Gaffney, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!