Sewer 2 (Part-Time 2nd Shift - 4:30PM-8:30PM)
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand
in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Furniture
Sewer 2 to join our team in Hickory, NC! Primary Purpose: Meet all
sewing quality standards by sewing and matching fabric and thread
in a safe, dependable, and timely manner that meets production
and/or service needs. Ability to set up and operate sewing machines
to produce completed upholstery pieces to be used by downstream
internal customers (cloth, leather or vinyl). Including the ability
to meet all flatwork operations or top stitch/double needle
operations with product expertiseSome of the essential aspects of
the position include:
- Pick bundles off table and carry to sewing machines.
- Check ticket for style and fabric and leather number.
- Always make sure that thread matches fabric/leather/vinyl.
- Sew all seams, topstitch when necessary and topstitch all
- Check work to make sure it meets quality standards.
- Write name on back of ticket.
- Tie up bundles and place on table for final inspection.
- Maintains equipment and work area in an orderly manner.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Wears all required PPE; works safely at all times and reports
unsafe conditions to Supervisor.What it takes:
- High School or GED; able to read tickets and work
- 1-2 years sewing experience, preferably in upholstery.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Must understand product and supplies required for the
- Must be able to follow standard work.
- Must have good time-management skills.
- Must have ability to consistently meet high quality/quantity
- Must comply with company rules, regulations, and safety
practices.We look forward to hearing from you! Why HNI
Corporation?HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of
workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two
segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global
designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market
under multiple unique brands. The residential building products
segment is the nation s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth
products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and
pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and
accessories. As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI
Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the
"Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World", by Fortune magazine
as "The Most Admired Company" in the furniture industry; and named
by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world s best companies
for leadership development.HBF is a leader in beautifully designed,
exquisitely crafted and exceptionally constructed products. These
products represent the finest in contemporary design, reflecting
the essence of current culture while evoking a timeless,
transcendent appeal. To realize this vision, HBF works with
luminaries in the visual arts....those whose expansive talents are
woven into a tapestry of uncommon design. These rare and gifted
individuals delight in collaboration with HBF, as our singular
capabilities bring their creations to life. And so entwined, our
products inspire. We invite you to visit us at for the best visual
overview of our organization.EEO/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled"
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Gastonia , Sewer 2 (Part-Time 2nd Shift - 4:30PM-8:30PM), Other , Newton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!