Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
Less than 1 year
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req29080 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold(R),
Brownberry(R) or Oroweat(R) bread? A Thomas'(R) English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee(R), Entenmann's(R) or
Marinela(R) cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know
Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Sanitor is responsible for any number of duties to ensure high
quality sanitation standards are met in Production, Shipping, and
Distribution. We hold the qualify and food safety of our product to
the highest level, and a sanitary work environment is essential for
ensuring food safety and that a high-quality product is delivered
to our customers. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the
Company.Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great starting pay: $16.78/hr!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
- Shift Start Time: 7am Key Job Responsibilities:
- You will focus on maintaining high-quality sanitary conditions
in a baking facility by performing various duties; including:
production lines and equipment, bathrooms, locker rooms, hallways,
break-rooms, processing, etc.
- You will visually inspect equipment and performance prior to
the sanitation process and after to ensure proper reinstall and no
damage during the cleaning process.
- You will efficiently disassemble and assemble equipment for
proper cleaning. You will set up line and all equipment to company
standards prior to a production run.
- You will perform duties as assigned from the Master Sanitation
- You will keep accurate records and documentation of the
cleaning performed and inspect for areas needing attention. Keep
manager informed of any unsanitary practices that may be occurring
in the plant.
- You are responsible for cleaning of soiled supplies and
equipment used in the manufacturing process. All buildings
(administration, production, distribution) must be maintained
according to Company Policy.
- You will oversee the proper storage, labeling, and handling/use
of all cleaning supplies, chemicals and disinfecting
- You work to maintain and improve on the quality, integrity and
safety of each product and equipment used in their
- You will safely operate equipment and machines used in the
cleaning process to include, but not limited to; rack washer, power
washer, steamer, washer extractors and dryers, etc.
- You must follow the Food Safety, Sanitation Standard Operating
Procedures (SSOP) & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the GFSI system and
other 3rd party audits.
- You may be assigned additional responsibilities and duties by
the supervisor. Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret
data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex
(dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid
interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change. Ability to
provide constant direction of others to plan, coordinate, check or
- You can perform basic math and computer skills.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on
improving efficiencies while decreasing waste. Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or
stoop for prolonged periods of time (except for break and lunch
periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a dusty,
loud and hot environment.
- Must have good written and oral English language communication
- Must wear required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work 8+ hour shifts, irregular and/or rotating
shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off) and
work nights, holidays and weekends (frequently required).
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Be a part of a company that is dedicated to
protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR(R) Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Gastonia , Sanitor, Other , Valdese, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!