Welder Sr - Container
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: June 25, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoots,
repairs, and rebuilds major components on compactors and
containers. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or
replacement of components.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the following tasks.
* Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses and
repairs compactors, containers, and carts.
* Performs moderately complex welding processes such as arc
welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, plastic welding,
and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
* Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software
program associated with repairing compactors and containers,
documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
* Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
* Performs service calls for compactor repairs and emergency
* Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming,
beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
* Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and
* Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new
* Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
* Performs layout operations, develops fixtures for one-of-a-kind
units, and selects optimum welding process.
* Provides assistance, guidance and direction to lower level
* In the absence of supervision may provide container maintenance
* Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate /
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Not required
* Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Valid driver's license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures
and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors,
containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and
procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors,
containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment;
ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers
and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software
program may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as
keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds occasionally;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Gastonia , Welder Sr - Container, Other , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!