Buyer I - Integrated Supply
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Buyer I - Integrated Supply
* ID: 14604-034
Are you our next Buyer - Team Lead?
Vallen's Buyer Team Leads (Buyer II) are responsible for training
and providing mentorship to other company buyers. They are also
responsible for purchasing products, goods and materials (stock
and/or non-stock) that meet the organization's standards of price,
quality, timing, and reliability of supply. A Buyer Team Leads may
be procuring product in support of a Vallen distribution center,
warehouse, an assigned client, and/or an assigned vendor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Train, coach and mentor assigned company buyers; provide input
into performance evaluations and under management oversight, assist
with carrying out associate development plans.
* Coordinate vacation/leave schedules for the team.
* Keep the Purchasing leadership team abreast of daily activities;
* Identify and document best practices within the function; keep
standard operating procedures current and relevant.
* Perform root cause analysis on escalated issues; define and
oversee the implementation of root cause corrective action
* Track and monitor team KPI initiatives; devise course corrections
* Perform procurement activities to ensure the organization's
current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock
and non-stock) are met and in alignment with Vallen's purchasing
* Review and approve assigned inventory forecasts produced by the
* Review and approve daily replenishment recommendations produced
by the GAINS application.
* Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or
de-expediting for optimal delivery.
* Place purchase requisitions and vendor orders.
* Research, assess, and make recommendations for vendors and/or
specific items of request to ensure they that they comply with
specifications and meet the organization's quality, pricing, and
* Request and evaluate bids, quotations, and/or proposals for
products and materials of request.
* Recognize and evaluate vendor sales, promotional campaigns, and
other opportunities to secure reduced prices.
* May negotiate prices and delivery conditions and commit to
purchases (within established limits of authority) with terms that
are in the organization's best interest.
* Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials
supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or
* Negotiate and coordinate vendor returns for aging, expired, or
excess inventory; coordinate other liquidation activities as
* Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure
timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with internal
and/or external customers.
* Communicates with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness and
* Maintain and cultivate relationships with one or more suppliers,
vendors, internal or external customers.
* Assist with identifying opportunities to consolidate
* Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with
Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Finance,
etc.) or equivalent experience. 2-5+ years of experience in the
field of Procurement preferred. CPM certification preferred. Other
relevant experience includes:
* Attain and maintain Customer Service Professional certification;
provide excellent customer service.
* Computer skills and aptitude to learn Vallen's Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications;
GAINS experience preferred.
* Proficiency with MS-Office products, intermediate Excel skills
* Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain
solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of
maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical
products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in
facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA,
part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and Career Path
Keywords: Vallen, Gastonia , Buyer I - Integrated Supply, Other , Belmont, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!