Digital First Press Operator-$2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment
and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quads
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital,
gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of
options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by
innovative, interesting days, youll find hard work is good work,
and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done something shared
by everyone in the community we call Quad.Descriptions &
Qualifications ExternalQuad is currently hiringEssential Workerswho
want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today.Your
career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap
the rewards of your success and growth.We are in the business of
developing people.Promotions are based on your performance You are
in charge of your career!$2,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus for all
Full-Time Manufacturing Employees Who Apply or are Hired June 15,
2021, thru September 30th 2021.Description of Duties:Provide
printing services by operating black & white and color digital
printers, folders and binding equipment. Perform
daily/weekly/monthly maintenance on equipment as required.Key
- Demonstrates the ability to operate all digital presses in DPS
both as variable print devices and static printing including
in-line finishing. Able to set up impositions, view color critical
content and make necessary adjustments, troubleshoot technical
problems, work with and troubleshoot variable files, work with
equipment representatives, work with sales and customer service,
interact with internal and external technicians and process
required paperwork for data collection.
- Meets the production standards for each machine, achieve
savable color from make-ready, and achieves quality color approvals
in a timely manner while maintaining color throughout the run,
accurately monitor press counts and destinations.
- Performs appropriate maintenance to machines and keeps machine
in proper calibration for optimum performance, including
- Making good decisions based upon a good mixture of analysis,
wisdom, experience, and judgement with most of the solutions and
suggestions being the correct and accurate solution when judged
- Effectively communicating with other departments as well as
communicating with supervisor on job or deadline issues and any
other pertinent information.
- Provides critical information in a timely fashion to address
issues or concerns.
- Able to match the product to the sample from the customer if
- Must have good hand/eye coordination while making adjustments
and operating machines.
- Ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the
- Stand 8 hours on a concrete floor up to 5-7 days a week.
- Keep work area clean.Skills
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with
effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can
see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond
the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- A drive for results; counted on to succeed goals successfully,
is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very
bottom line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for
- Effectively communicates with other departments. Provides
critical information in a timely fashion to address issues or
- Committed to quality for internal and external customers.
- Understands and appropriately utilizes all equipment, SOPs and
SmartTools necessary for the position.
- Ability to use a hand truck, strapper and cutterAdditional
Company InformationWe offer excellent benefits to eligible
employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and
more.Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Companys policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
Keywords: Quad, Gastonia , Digital First Press Operator-$2,000 Sign-On Bonus, Other , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!