Company: Blythe Construction Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Supervises field operations for an Earthwork/Roadway/Grading
project. The Grading Foreman will directly supervise and coordinate
activities of grading crew and may also engage in the trade work of
the employees being supervised.
- Directly supervises grading crew.
- Reports on work to Superintendent.
- Experienced on all types of heavy equipment for dirt and site
- Knowledgeable in the areas of dirt work, including excavation,
grade work, surveying and final excavating work.
- Reads, understands, and interprets drawings and
- Monitors crews for organizational structure, sizing, crew mix
ratios, and wage compliance in conjunction with
- Reports on time and materials.
- Monitors the implementation of safety orientations, safety
indoctrination, provides coaching for improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an
entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as
a Grade Foreman.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a Grade Foreman in the
heavy highway industry required.
- Must be well-organized.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate
effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by a Grade Foreman to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required
during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to
stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50
pounds and, at times, as much as 90 pounds, as may be
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other
construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Physical dexterity involving stretching, proper placement of
legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent
activities of the construction site, including the activities of
other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary
equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in
varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including
climbing into and out of excavations up to 20 feet in depth, using
ladders or crawling, as required.
- Sufficient skill and visual acuity, under varying degrees of
light, darkness, and weather conditions, to provide direction and
flagging for operators of cranes with rated capacities of up to 300
- The Grade Foreman must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics
described below are representative of those that a Grade Foreman
encounters while performing the essential functions of this
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high
levels of noise, grease, and dust that are typically associated
with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on
construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds,
gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company -
Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are
hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an
accommodation as part of the employment process please contact
Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone:
704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company: Phone:
407-645-5500Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is
committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity
workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is
protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
Keywords: Blythe Construction Inc, Gastonia , Grading Foreman, Other , Gaffney, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!