Craftsman I - Assembly
Company: Sealed Air Corporation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical
packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found
it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC
brand food packaging, SEALED AIR brand protective packaging and
BUBBLE WRAP brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer,
more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped
around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.9 billion in sales in
2020 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in
115 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Responsibilities include assembly of complete packaging systems,
individual machines, sub-assemblies, components, fluid power
systems, plumbing, wiring of machines, and building electrical
enclosures, as well as final check out and commissioning of all
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and
specifications for both mechanical and electrical components.
- Ability to install and/or repair plumbing on machinery to
- Ability to install and/or repair fluid power components and
supply lines on machinery to defined specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, electrical,
and electronics systems on machinery.
- Knowledge of basic functions of electrical components in a
complete electrical system: motors, motor controllers, overloads,
starters, contactors, switches, relays, PLC's.
- Ability to read and interpret PLC programs: ladder diagrams,
graph sets, etc
- Ability to use manual machine tools such as: lathes, milling
machines, drill presses, grinders, steam cleaners, and sand
- Ability to braze and solder plumbing.
- Basic knowledge of welds and welding.
- Knowledge of manual fitment of components (such as clearance or
interference fits, drilling, reaming, shimming)
- Securing components by use of mechanical fasteners / threaded
- Thorough knowledge of precision measuring devices (micrometers,
- Thorough knowledge of electrical measuring devices (volt-ohm
- Ability to operate fork lifts and other material handling
- Travel week days and week ends: 10% travel possible,
International travel possible.
- Two year technical degree / certificate or equivalent military
- Packaging machinery and systems integration experience
preferred: Rotary Chamber Vacuum Machines, Vertical Pouch Packaging
Machines, Horizontal Packaging Machines, Bag Loaders, Intelligent
Conveying Systems, Product Weighing Devices, Shrink Tunnels.
- Customer field experience preferred: Knowledge of working in
sanitary packaging environments.
- Flexibility and the skill to multi-task are a must.
- Proficient computer skills: navigating software using mouse and
- SAP experience preferred: basic functional knowledge; logon,
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation
- Must be able to work as a team player, work under production
pressure and adapt to changing priorities, must also be willing to
work overtime as required.
Physical Requirements: The ability to lift up to fifty
Requisition id: 34213
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect
positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using
Sealed Air's global resources and expertise.
- Corporate sustainability. It's about improving the lives of
people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the
communities where we and our customers operate.
- Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air
it's more than a goal, it's an integral part of our business
practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
- Leaving our communities better than we found them through
dedication of time, talent and resources.
Nearest Major Market: Spartanburg
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: Assembly, Engineer, ERP, Electrical, Welding,
Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: Sealed Air Corporation, Gastonia , Craftsman I - Assembly, Other , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!