Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000
diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of the unique communities we serve.
May perform duties of an administrative representative but with
greater autonomy and discretion. Work involves a greater knowledge
of office/clinic procedures and practice, independent judgment and
1. Expedites non-routine purchases for departments as delegated.
May maintain inventory of supply
2. May train others using verbal and written communication
3. Performs more complex scheduling of providers, staff,
facilities, home care and/or patients (involving critical meetings
or multiple medical procedures as an example). Coordinates
meetings, workshops, and other events, including travel, based on
4. Prepares and maintains basic financial records
5. Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other
documents requiring a higher level of proficiency with software.
Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for
internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
6. Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing
records, and posting information to records or ledgers in
accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records
to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of
appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting
appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy
and correcting any errors.
7. Registering patients and completing encounter forms. Collecting
patient payments and insurance information and making proper
referrals to financial departments. May contact insurance companies
directly to verify/determine eligibility. May also verify previous
balance owed to UNCH.
8. Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in
regards to budget, payments, collections, inventory to accomplish
9. Serves as a second level of response to customer inquiries and
complaints in person, by phone and/or electronic communication.
This may include working with third party providers.
- High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
- No licensure or certification required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Three (3) years of clerical experience.
- Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top
priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers.
Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical
expertise: understands the technical aspects of ones job.
Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce
reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master
the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing
to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability:
Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the
internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility:
Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best
decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict
Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to
reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds
agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: McCreary Cancer Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No