Remote Software Solution Architect
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Location: Mount Holly
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First
American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our
policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting
guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. Since 1889, First
American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people.
They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally
passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome,
supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full
potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For - list for six consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary***Open to Remote
Candidates***Participates in the design, development, coding,
testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business
applications. -Responsible for middle-tier implementation and
integration with backend databases. -Works with technical staff to
understand problems with software and develops specifications to
resolve them. -Participates in the development of software user
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business
requirements into system specific functional requirements.
- Responsible for design and full implementation of product.
Experience with presentations. Also, ensures architecture meets
- Performs tasks necessary to support design, QA and
implementation teams necessary to rollout product.
- Research, design, write, test and implement new software
applications and systems.
- Modify and enhance existing complex applications and
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction for the
- Responsible for quality assurance review.
- Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or
- Propose and split large architectural objectives into smaller
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs.Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent multiple application development languages at an expert
- Experience with various computer platforms and application
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and
mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Network and
server operations team in building complex enterprise level
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Master's Degree preferredTypical Range of Experience
- Typically 7+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is
preferred#techreferral#LI-NM1#AGDITFirst American invests in its
employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide
superior customer service and encourages them to serve the
communities where they live and work. First American is committed
to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Gastonia , Remote Software Solution Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Mount Holly, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!