Posted on: November 18, 2021
Position Summary: Vallen---s Data Engineer/--BI Developer is an
individual contributor responsible for designing, developing and
maintaining business intelligence solutions. This position is
responsible for analyzing and evaluating computer programs and
systems and develop new or modify existing applications, databases
and/or interfaces.-- They review user requests for new or modified
computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required,
compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
--They configure a plan outlining steps required to develop
program, using structured analysis and design. They write code, run
tests, develop technical documentation, install and maintain
programs to support the organization---s IT needs. --Vallen---s--
Data Engineer/BI Developer's test, and document the applications
they develop, enhance, and/or maintain. Essential Job Duties and
- Designs and writes program specifications based on
consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers,
and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code,
programs, and specifications.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries
regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support
- Coordinates with other programmers about program
- Modifies and maintains software programs written by others;
participates in team code reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -- Job Qualifications:
Bachelor---s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Management Information Systems, or other related discipline coupled
with 2+ years of relevant experience.-- Relevant experience should
- Demonstrated full-life cycle development
- Solid understanding of one or more programming languages or
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills Required Technical
- Functional Programming (e.g. Clojure, Scala, Haskell)
- Working with cloud-based solutions (Azure, AWS) Bonus Technical
- General Purpose or OO programming (e.g. Java, Python, C#,
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. HCL/Terraform)
- Microsoft Azure
- Use of/Building CI/CD pipelines
- Data Warehousing/Lake concepts
- Scheduled/orchestration (e.g. Apache Airflow)
- BI Technology (Power BI, Cognos, etc.)
- Predictive Analytics/Modeling Work Environment & Physical
Demands: Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be
implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions of this position.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing
repetitive key-boarding activities.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job
duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. About Vallen Vallen--is an
industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and
services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair,
operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the
growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North
America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont,
NC and is a subsidiary of--Sonepar USA, part of the
global--Sonepar--family. Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us
on--LinkedIn--and--Facebook, What are the Benefits? 401K Plan,
Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid
Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts
(Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition
Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.
Keywords: Vallen, Gastonia , BI Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Belmont, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!