Operations Manager - WE Shift
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Williams Sonoma Inc. -Since it was founded in 1956,
Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams single store in
Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with
some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings,
including Williams - Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm. -Our
Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories
and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world.
The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the
network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in
distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance,
human resources, or home delivery - and are looking for a job with
a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement -
our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you. -The
-Operations Manager -position is located in -Claremont, NC. -The
Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their
own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating,
mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for
engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels
of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this
role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to
address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team
with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will
ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First
philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service,
Quality, and Cost. -Youll be excited about this opportunity
- Lead, guide, and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed
operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing
coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance
Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements.
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments,
people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple
tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary
information source for the team, maintaining compliance and
consistency and taking corrective action when needed.
- Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy,
quality and customer expectations are met.
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution
center and promote a positive health and safety culture
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly,
monthly, and peak season labor schedules.
- Achieving financial plans and budget objectives.Check out some
of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing
- A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant distribution or
manufacturing management/leadership experience.
- Must have 2-3 years receiving experience.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal),
with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Must be highly organized and process oriented.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on
- Warehouse Management System experience.
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the
evolving business requirements.
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft
Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.We prefer some of these qualities
- Bachelors or masters degree in Business, Operations, Logistics,
Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ years of management experience in a manufacturing,
production, or distribution environment.
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution
is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to
successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.Our company benefits are
second to none in the industry:
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities.
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer.
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including
same-sex domestic partner benefits.Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a
drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.At
this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party
recruiting agencies for this position.This position is not eligible
for visa sponsorship.IND-NC
Keywords: Williams-Sonoma, Gastonia , Operations Manager - WE Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Claremont, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!