STORE ASSISTANT MGR in PACOLET, SC
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and were
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com.GENERAL SUMMARY:Under supervision of Store
Manager, manage the Non Perishable Food and General Merchandise
Operations. Ensure efficient and effective inventory management,
appealing and profitable merchandise presentation and quality
customer service. Work with Store Manager to ensure a safe working
environment and provide protection for company assets according to
required procedures. Ensure staff and store compliance with all
food handling rules and regulations. Provides support to other
managers as requested.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews and effectively recommends the selection, hiring and
assignment of Food and Non-Food Managers, Receiving/Pricing Lead
Clerk, Lead associates and Sales Associates.
- Trains department managers in regard to maintaining correct
stock levels and ordering merchandise, unloading trucks, stocking
shelves, and serving customers. Trains employees properly on use
and care of lifting and cleaning equipment. Trains all assigned
associates in the proper and safe handling of food in compliance
with rules and regulations.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure adequate scheduling
coverage. Assesses work completion and follows up with associates
regarding performance. Implements performance standards and
measures. Makes recommendations to Store Managers regarding
corrective actions as required. Suggests other store assignments to
Store Manager to enhance development. Effectively recommends pay
increases and promotions.
- Maintains close relations with vendor/supplier representatives
for store. In particular, maintains regular contact with as many as
twenty drop-ship suppliers to ensure timely and adequate delivery,
quality merchandise, appealing display and proper billing.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure the execution of the stores
7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find
Fill Fix) procedures.
- Ensures the stores HHT is used as an investigative device to
prevent out of stocks as well as overstocks.
- Ensures the organization of the receiving area.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure that all merchandise is
presented according to established practices and plans. Utilizes
merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product
pricing and signage.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure POG execution, pricing
integrity to include price changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as
well as all Super Tuesday pricing and signing execution.
- Discusses and reviews operating statements with Store Manager
to identify the stores business trends (sales, profitability, and
turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink improvement,
etc. Maintain product and pricing knowledge for assigned store
areas. Knows current product demand and predict and prepare for
future demand. Understands price point and sales volume
- Maintains positive trends and compliance with company Standard
Operating Procedures manual, policies and work processes and Store
Managers advice. For assigned areas:
- Ensures store meets or exceeds in-stock targets through the
execution of the stores 7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to
stocking standards and (Find Fill Fix) procedures
- Ensures the efficient staging, stocking and storage of
- Ensures that Tote Inventory Management processes are
- Ensures that damaged and overstocked merchandise is marked down
- Minimizes damages and markdowns, ensure accurate scanning and
paperwork, and follow inventory control procedures to maintain
accurate inventory levels.
- Ensures adherence to stated company security practices and cash
control procedures when supervising operations in Store Managers
- Ensures customers needs and requests are routinely addressed in
an efficient and timely manner. Maintains daily contact with
customers to understand merchandise expectations and desires.
- Takes a lead role in receipt and handling of new merchandise.
Ensures sales shelf preparation and organization of staging areas
for new deliveries. Directs and assists associates with unloading
trucks. Directs new merchandise according to plan. Efficiently
utilizes storeroom square footage to stock reserve inventory.
Ensures proper rotation of perishable food items.
- Follows all prescribed and outlined cash handling procedures.
Authorizes and signs for refunds and overrides. Counts register.
Deposits money in bank. Assists with financial integrity of the
store through strict cash accountability, key control compliance,
and adherence to company security practices and cash control
- Conducts safety meetings; helps to maintain a clean,
well-organized store and facilitates a safe and secure working and
shopping environment. Assists in ensuring that all equipment is
functional and maintained to a required level of safety and
- Follows company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
company communications. Assists Store Manager in ensuring employee
compliance. Completes all paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines.
- As requested by Store Manager, assists with entering payroll
information into computer and providing specific training for
employees. Acts as backup Store Manager in their absence.KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to read and interpret operating statements and identify
corrective actions to negative trends, if needed.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
health regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform cash register functions to generate
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and
termination practices in compliance with legal company
- Knowledge of all local and state food handling certifications
- Basic knowledge of personal and network computer systems to
communicate with corporate office, to create merchandise signage,
to obtain and email data and information, etc.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Knowledge of food handling, safety and sanitation
- Ability to effectively communicate information and standards
verbally and in writing to staff, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to interface with staff, suppliers and customers in a
respectful and effective manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain organization and to attend to
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
relating to store operations and business relationships.
- Ability to obtain the required local and state food handling
management certifications.EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary business
school training preferred.
- Minimum of three years of retail store experience. Experience
to include at least one to two years as a Department Head/Assistant
Manager, or similar position in a retail grocery store or
equivalent type operation, with a preferred sales volume of over
$250,000 per week, or a current DG Market Department Manager with
similar experienceWORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as
hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise
containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds. Occasional climbing using ladder.
- Regularly driving/providing own transportation to make bank
deposits and occasionally to attend management meetings and to
other Dollar General stores.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to slippery floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to skin irritants, toxins and hazardous
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous equipment with moving
mechanical parts.Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer.CCRequisition ID: 2022-244650 Street: 6960 SOUTH PINE ST.
External Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
Keywords: Dollar General, Gastonia , STORE ASSISTANT MGR in PACOLET, SC, Hospitality & Tourism , Pacolet, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!