Designer Anim Grphics Inn
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The Designer I - Animation, Graphics Innovation & Production
Design is responsible for the creation, development and deployment
of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an
intermediate level. This position provides creative support for
daily production and long-range assignments contributes to group
projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This
is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong
ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills
to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a
project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product.
- Utilizes Adobe Suite and Cinema4D to create designs/animations
for daily shows and long-range assignments.
- Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote
events including daily show production design.
- Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom
design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site
training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers,
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions
with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas,
desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude
to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the
department, including AE Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting
functions and logic
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure
efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot
equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time
entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental
training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and
understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy,
creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and
regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with
the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar. Basic
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
Illustrator and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design
and type layout skills.
- Reliable work-from-home setup (personal laptop or desktop with
reliable internet connection).
- Reliable means of transportation for when on-site work is
- Required to work flexible hours and days as assignments dictate
including weekends, nights and holidays. Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion
experience in a major TV market.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop &
- Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming.
Required Education :
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Keywords: ESPN, Gastonia , Designer Anim Grphics Inn, Hospitality & Tourism , Lowell, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!