RN Clinical Supervisor / Ambulatory - Riverwood Medical Associates
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Job Req ID: 185630
Position Number: 00118920
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F 8-5
Department Name: Family Practice Center
Location: Riverwood Medical Associates
Location Details: 3715 Union Rd, Gastonia
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Responsible for the direct provision of patient care and for assisting the manager with daily operations to include but not limited to coordination of patient care/outcomes, allocation of human and fiscal resources, communications, patient throughput, program development and oversight, patient, physician and employee rounding, selection, development, and retention of staff, clinical supervision and performance appraisal, performance improvement activities, service recovery and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Supports the manager utilizing systematic approaches to enhance the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing service administration and delivery of care in the department
- Engages teammates and provides leadership in the professional practice setting and nursing profession to serve as an effective change agent, maintain a healthy work environment, and promote innovation in care delivery
- Coaches and counsels teammates may also assist with discipline, up to and including written warnings
- Assists with interview, selection, and supervision of nursing personnel in the department
- Assists with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout shifts via staff meetings/huddles to exchange information/promote dialogue with teammates
- Collaborates with manager to ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state laws, to include healthcare services and practice, while complying with all required regulations and policies
- Assists with appropriate utilization of resources to meet patient care needs
- Rounds on patients, teammates, and physicians at prescribed frequencies to gain insight into patient care, employee, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care and/or department operations
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Assists in identifying expected outcomes to provide direction for continuity of care/department operations.
- Assists in evaluating progress towards goal achievement of expected outcomes and disseminates information to teammates involved with the care or the situation
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary
- Coordinates management of patient flow/throughput and staffing through continuous assessment of volume/acuity needs
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Minimum two years nursing experience preferred. Previous management experience preferred. BSN required. RN candidates for external hire or internal promotion without BSN must be enrolled in a BSN program within 1 year of Hire/Transfer date and must complete program within 3 years of enrollment in the program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader.--
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Keywords: Atrium Health, Gastonia , RN Clinical Supervisor / Ambulatory - Riverwood Medical Associates, Healthcare , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!