R&D Laboratory Technician
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 8, 2018
R&D Laboratory Technician
Contract to perm
The duties of R&D Lab Technician include but not limited to performing experiments related to new/existing product development, supports/conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests, sample preparation, textile and chemical analysis & application, EHS related tasks, and other R&D experiments as required. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic team, supporting the extreme heat solutions industry.
Saprex is a progressive, advanced materials company focused on materials exposed to extreme environments such as fire and high-heat. We offer custom development services, materials and finished product solutions. At our core, we excel at rapidly prototyping and evaluating material solutions using rigorous science and are committed to constantly improving our approach and products. Our Advanced Materials Lab allows us to build and test our ideas quickly. We have a number of development programs at various stages from initial prototypes to full production. Our lead program is a composite based exhaust insulation system for diesel engines that is rapidly growing. Saprex is based in Gastonia, NC.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing and conducting laboratory experiments and various tasks as assigned by department head.
- Operates and maintains laboratory and pilot plant equipment in the R and D center.
- Measures, documents, communicates results.
- Logs, records and files supporting documentation.
- Recommends instrument needs and improvement plans for the Laboratory.
- Interface with accounting for purchasing consumables, tools, spare parts and service contracts with vendors.
- Conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests of solids and liquids and analyzes test data.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude, include the understanding of basic equipment functions and operation such as gas, water, air flows, valves, etc.
- Responsible for procedures for handling, storage and shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Sample preparation.
- Setup laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, or process control.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self-motivated.
- Able to interpret, understand test methods and effectively communicate process and test results.
- Responsible for housekeeping, 5S and general lab maintenance.
- Perform all other duties as per company's needs and requirements.
- Must adhere, follow and promote company's safety policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form of instructions; interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills (Algebra/Geometry). Able to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphical data.
- Detail oriented and must be very accurate.
- Must be willing, able to learn and use independently various scientific equipment such as microscopes, particle size analyzer, tensile testers, impact testers, prototype equipment, abrasion testers in addition to basic hand power and mechanical shop tools.
- Basic knowledge of computer and handhelds, proficient in Microsoft Office and representing data in excel format.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to talk or hear
- Required to pass eye tests
- Required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus .
Job Type: Full-time
- Gastonia, NC
- Bachelors (science, engineering, or technology)
- laboratory: 3 years
With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds highest-regarded scientific organizations
providing you with opportunities to work on todays most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits youll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your careerconnect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Gastonia , R&D Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!