*Nurse Practitioner/NP Opening - Urgent Care
Company: NP Now
Posted on: October 3, 2018
Innovative healthcare organization seeks a Nurse Practitioner/NP to work in an urgent care setting in Hillsborough, NC!
We are an organization dedicated to delivering an enhanced healthcare experience for patients and providers. We believe Advanced Practice Providers delivering care at the top of their license is essential to this and our care model maximizes your role in a collaborative approach to driving quality experiences and outcomes.
As part of our team, you are part of a disruptive healthcare solution. Our core values of Community, Passion, Integrity, Innovation, and Impact all support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health.
Description of role:
We are looking for a professional Nurse Practitioner that can deliver preventative and acute care to a wide variety of patients. We offer an opportunity to practice in a meaningful way, to embody an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborate with a close nit medical neighborhood of providers delivering impactful and integrated care. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for caring for patients, maintaining accurate and current patient records and scheduling and administering follow-up appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will work autonomously but part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team all collaborating to get patients on an ideal roadmap towards health.
- Conduct examinations, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat common illnesses including drawing blood samples, giving injections, suturing wounds, advanced health screenings, interventions, counseling and prescribe medications as needed to patients.
- Triage patient calls and evaluate patient problems.
- Counsels patient/family on preventive health care.
- Ensure patient information, visit history, referrals, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the EMR
- Daily use of our technology solutions including diagnostic devices, computer software programs, printer, scanner, and credit/debit card equipment
- Develop a close working relationship with our collaborating physician and pharmacy team
- Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, vaccination temperature management, maintain clinic appearance, outreach, and communications)
- Complete financial responsibilities pertaining to customer charges and payments
Skills and Requirements:
- Current National Board Certification
- State license to practice as Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- A growth mindset
- A passion for positive impact on a local community
- Exceptional verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and coordinate care with a multi-disciplinary team
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Creativity, problem-solving, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in urgent care or convenient care setting
- High aptitude for use of new digital health technology
Full-time, 33hrs per week. Shifts are flexible as the practice is open 7 days a week.
Benefits and Salary
- Salary 95K-110K/yr
- Incentive bonuses
- Health insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- 401K with matching contribution
- Paid time off
- CME stipend
Send resume to Dorothy Blalock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: NP Now, Gastonia , *Nurse Practitioner/NP Opening - Urgent Care, Healthcare , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!