Occupational Therapy Asst
Company: SAVA SENIOR CARE
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Occupational Therapist Assistant DescriptionSummary
An occupational therapist assistant (OTA) works under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed by state practice act.
- Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
- Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Records resident's progress for use by the occupational therapist.
- May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance forms or other paperwork.
- Provides training to residents, caregivers and families according to the resident's care plan.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occupational Therapist Assistant RequirementsQualifications
- Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program.
- Licensed COTA if required by state law.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
About this Organization
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, services are provided through skilled nursing facilities in 21 states. The commitment is to provide compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. Our affiliated entities focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of the residents. The aim is to care for every resident the way we would care for our family members. We strive to provide residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of "caring and curing". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: SAVA SENIOR CARE, Gastonia , Occupational Therapy Asst, Healthcare , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!