Nurse Aide - Med-Surg - Weekender - Full Time
Company: Atrium Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
This position is Sign-On Bonus eligible. New hire Nurse Aides are
eligible for a bonus of $2,500 for Full Time positions, and $1,500
for Part Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new
teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits
packages, paid time off, and career advancement opportunities.
Atrium Health Cleveland in Shelby is a 241-bed hospital serving
greater Cleveland County, NC, and the surrounding region. We were
the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced
emergency care.We strive every day to bring advanced care to the
community. We also believe in serving the community outside our
hospital walls, as evidenced by our commitment to health education,
and through our contributions to organizations such as United Way
and Relay for Life.
The Nurse Aide - Weekender assists in providing patient care under
the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists in
maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job
responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and
professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the
patient population served.
- Supports patients/residents with activities of daily
- Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
- Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
- Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific
- Maintains patient/resident's rooms in a clean and orderly
- Observes and reports changes in patient/resident
- Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on
- Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones,
entering data and maintaining medical records.
- Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
- Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I or
Nurse Aide II tasks (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide
I and Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
- Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as
administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able
to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients,
medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English
in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger
dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse
Aide I or with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide
- BLS required per policy guidelines.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development
and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages,
culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the
information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has
been determined based on job level and job responsibility within
the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been
determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Those required by unit. Includes blood pressure manometer,
stethoscope, thermometer, personal protective equipment,
wheelchairs, stretchers, utility cars, and related clinical
Keywords: Atrium Health, Gastonia , Nurse Aide - Med-Surg - Weekender - Full Time, Healthcare , Shelby, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!