Licensed Practical Nurse- PM SHIFT
Company: Mediko Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Licensed Practical Nurse Night Shift ( 12 Hour Shift) $28/HR
MEDIKO is a privately-owned, correctional healthcare provider
headquartered in Richmond, VA. We proudly provide compassionate,
comprehensive medical and mental health services to the underserved
population in correctional facilities. At MEDIKO, our people are
our most important resource and this position will support our
rapid growth. We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
at our Catawba County Detention Center location -to join a diverse
team who bring knowledge and skills from a variety of backgrounds.
Our LPN's have autonomy when caring for patients and use strong
assessment skills to quickly identify risk factors and provide
quality patient care in a correctional setting. What You'll Do: Our
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) support and assist with patient
care for the residents in the facility.
- Works closely with the center's physician in providing proper
medical care for those confined.
- Schedules dental and medical appointments per physician's
- Provides emergency medical assistance.
- Conducts medical history interviews and prepares medical
history and physical reports.
- Assists the center's physician in conducting sick call.
- Administers medicine dosage and treatment per physician's
- Maintains control of all medications and drugs on hand in
accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assures that policies and procedures regarding the Medical
Department are followed.
- Completes reports and medical forms.
- Assures that the medical office is clean and properly
- Assures that all medications and supplies are promptly
- Any other duties assigned by higher authority. What We Require:
- Completion of an accredited nursing program - LPN
- Active state/commonwealth LPN license
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Criminal background check, Security Clearance and Drug
Screening What We Offer: (benefits vary based on FT, PT, or PRN
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance for you and your family
- Employer-paid Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term
disability and short-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
- Generous paid time off including 10 Holidays
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program Please visit our website at to
learn more about opportunities at MEDIKO! EOE STATEMENT: We are an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Mediko Inc., Gastonia , Licensed Practical Nurse- PM SHIFT, Healthcare , Newton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!