Registered Nurse-Home Health Visits
Company: Interim HealthCare - Charlotte, NC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description Home Health Nurse - Primarily Paid Per Visit -
Weekends and Weekday opportunities available!General Purpose:The
Registered Nurse (RN) provides services and/or treatments requiring
substantial and specialized nursing skill and provides effective
and efficient patient care in accordance with applicable law and
regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice, payer
requirements and Interim Health Care policies and procedures.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the
patient's needs at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Contributes to the patient's plan of care/service plan.
- Participates with the patient in clarifying mutually agreed
upon goals and incorporates these goals into the plan of
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing the patient's progress.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates outcomes of patient care.
- Communicates with appropriate staff regarding changes in the
- Assigns home care aide to a specific patient.
- Supervises paraprofessional staff.
- Coordinates plans for patient discharge from services.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively
manage individual patients.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Contributes to the effective implementation of company programs
- Contributes to Office business growth.
- Provides other assignments as requested and within the scope of
- Accesses personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current
license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she
- At least 1200 hours of experience as an RN or completion of the
Office's preceptor program.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR
certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in patient's home, schools, or
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Charlotte, NC, Gastonia , Registered Nurse-Home Health Visits, Healthcare , Shelby, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!