Substance Use Disorder Counselor/Therapist- Part Time (PT)
Company: Pyramid Healthcare Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Freedom Detox is now hiring for a Certified Substance Abuse
Counselor! If you want to be a part of change in someones life,
come join our team!Detox Counselor implements care in a medically
supervised facility treating up to 20 individuals going through
withdrawal from alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines and other drugs,
in accordance with program procedures of the organization.
- A Masters in human services related field is required and
either LCAS or LCMHC credentials is preferred. Candidates in
process for licensure will be considered.
- Work with Screeners, Medical Assistants and Nurses to
coordinate necessary tasks and to assess potential patients for
appropriateness for admission.
- Complete biopsychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
- Complete shift logs and other documentation required by agency
- Seek guidance from Office Manager, Program Director, Certified
Nurse Practitioner and Medical Director as outlined in procedures
- Maintain a safe and sanitary environment, applying infection
control techniques and universal precautions.
- Appropriately carry out safety and emergency procedures during
fire and other disaster drills, assisting withdrawal program
- Provide patient education, as assigned or appropriate.
- Provide at least one motivational counseling session for each
patient admission, ensure that patients fully engage in continuing
- Conduct at least one psychosocial group per shift, employing
motivational interviewing and other evidence-based practices and
maximizing peer interaction among patients.
- Will maintain a professional, collaborative relationship with
all team members and act as a positive model for other team
members, other staff, referents and representatives of community
and state agencies.
- Attend mandatory meetings and participate in staff meetings as
- Complete all employee training requirements and attend offsite
training as assigned.
- Develop, maintain and demonstrate a working knowledge of all
applicable procedures, chemical dependency and relevant
organizational policy and procedures.
- Clean up spills and other minor housekeeping duties
- Perform other duties as assignedEducation/Experience:
- Masters Degree in a related field
- 1-2 years experience working with substance use populations
preferably in a detox or residential setting
- LCAS certification by the NC Substance Abuse BoardJob-related
Demonstrates professionalism, leadership, confidentiality, strong
social communication skills, time-management, organized. Must
possess skills to communicate effectively and interact well with
people of diverse backgrounds. Excellent oral and written
communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by
gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/
group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem
solving. Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism.
Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors, and the
public. Ability to handle a crisis situation and react
appropriately. Flexibility and adaptable. Ability to make decisions
in an objective and ethical manner. Calm and decisive in crisis
situations. Ability to sustain a team environment, drive continuous
improvement projects, confidentiality, excellent problem-solving
skills and excellent communicator within the team framework.Pyramid
We are committed and proud to live our CORE values and use them to
inspire those around us. Our employees
are expected to align with these values, behaviors and standards.
We are held accountable for upholding these CORE Values: INTEGRITY
is striving to be honest, transparent and ethical when dealing with
clients, staff and the
community. DEDICATION is demonstrating an unwavering commitment to
always provide exceptional care and support to those we serve is
needed daily. COLLABORATION is a steadfast, team-focused approach;
together to achieve excellence. PASSION is genuine, compelling and
relentless desire to improve lives and support Pyramid's
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for Full Time
- Competitive wages
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Great working environment
- Growth opportunities
- 401k with company matching options
- And more!Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Lic Mental Health Cnl
- Lic Clin Addiction Spc
Keywords: Pyramid Healthcare Inc, Gastonia , Substance Use Disorder Counselor/Therapist- Part Time (PT), Healthcare , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!