Residential CDL Drivers - up to $22.54/hr + Bonus- Waste Management
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Residential CDL Drivers- All CDL Levels (Permits do not qualify) - Gastonia NC $16.50-$22.54/hr + $2000 Special Bonus
Looking for a New Career? Are you seeking a driver role that allows you to bemore than \"just a driver\"? Looking for a position that will allow you to be home every night? If you are an experienced CDL driver and this sounds like you, Waste Management has a great opportunity for you!
Apply today for consideration!
Click here to listen to what one of or drivers says about her career at Waste Management!
Why Choose Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Starting Pay: $16.50- $22.54/hr Based on Experience
Special Bonus: $2000 upon completion of first year
As the ASL Recycle CDL Driver you will safely operate an automated side loader truck to perform assigned duties on residential recycling routes. This position involves getting in and out of the truck throughout the work day. It's more than just driving and does require physical work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customers location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customers property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the routes. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: None required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required but is preferred
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age. CDL permit does not qualify.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Steady work history preferred
- Route based experience preferred
- Beverage industry and route based experience a plus
- Roles beyond being a driver are preferred, manual labor is required
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is located in Gastonia, NC at the Waste Management site. Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday. Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click \"Apply.\"
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen. Associated topics: cdl a, cdl a driver, choferes clase a, company driving team, company truck, dedicated truck, dedicated truck driver, flatbed and dry van otr trucking, regional driving, tanker
Keywords: Waste Management, Gastonia , Residential CDL Drivers - up to $22.54/hr + Bonus- Waste Management, Executive , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!