Operational Excellence Manager
Posted on: January 26, 2023
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor
accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe.
Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and
has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network,
employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently
generating annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars. With our
commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL
"Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
What We Offer:
- A hybrid in office schedule for qualifying employees
- Flexible time off policy
- 401K Company match (up to 4% - dollar for dollar)
- Professional development, training, and tuition reimbursement
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance policy
- Opportunities for career advancement with an industry leading
We are seeking an Operational Excellence Manager to join our team
in Duncan, SC.
The Operational Excellence Manager will be a member of the Cable
Operations leadership team responsible for overseeing all activity
of the Operational Excellence department to drive quality
improvement and waste reduction throughout our products, processes,
and business systems across multiple Cable plants. The incumbent
will utilize leadership, experience, and expertise, along with a
strong communication ability, to optimize process workflow and
eliminate non-value-added effort and material. This strategic
leader continues to be an advocate for future operational
improvements by emphasizing system thinking and new ideas and
establishes the means to efficiently acquire timely job information
and analyze critical performance data to drive improvement.
- Establish vision and direction for Operational Excellence
within the Cable business by developing, leading, and mentoring a
dynamic team of direct and indirect reports who constantly search
for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of resources and
systems to meet business needs and customer demands. This position
will lead cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives/teams
to assess the current value stream, identify non-value-added
activities, eliminate quality defects, improve process capability
and reduce process waste utilizing best practices in data analysis,
practical problem solving and lean concepts to streamline and
implement efficient, effective and controlled solutions that
increase the bottom line.
- The position is responsible for developing and driving
implementation of the improvement plans, which includes:
identifying opportunities; defining and financially justifying
projects; negotiating resources; leading and facilitating
cross-functional project teams; using good project management to
manage team activities; training and coaching of Lean/Six Sigma
resources assigned to the team; leading teams to execute projects
with problem solving methodology; tracking project status and
regularly reporting on results; anticipating and removing project
barriers; developing team members, and ultimately delivering an
annual planned amount of tangible savings and
- Contributes knowledge and ideas to improve upon current
processes resulting in reduced cycle times, improved quality,
increased cost savings and uptime. All efforts will aid in higher
operating income, profitability, and competitiveness.
- Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with other business
activities, improvement projects and business strategies.
Coordinate with the appropriate project/process owners and
organizations, including Information Technology, to accomplish the
- Identify implications of project implementation (synergies and
- Ensure two-way open communication throughout the organization.
This includes keeping the stakeholders informed of program status
and ensuring coordination of activities.
- Communicate best practices and key learning's across the
organization that promote a Zero-Defect Culture.
- Bachelor's Degree (Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Six-Sigma Black Belt (Master Black Belt Preferred)
- 10+ years of working experience
- 3+ years in the industry preferred
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Background and experience in operations analysis, using data to
drive business results
- Results oriented - must have the ability to deliver results and
further improvement of the business
- Creative thinker - ability to think outside the box and strive
for continuous innovation
- Leadership - Able to coach and mentor team members to reach
team and personal goals.
- Attitude - Maintains a positive demeanor while working under
- Collaboration - Develops relationships across multiple business
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: AFL, Gastonia , Operational Excellence Manager, Executive , Duncan, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!