Company: Search Solution Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Product Manager - Gastonia, NC WHO OUR CLIENT IS: Search
Solution Group is looking for the ideal candidate for our client
who specialize in custom window blinds, shades, shutters and
drapery. WHAT YOU WILL DO: Works with a Program Manager and other
internal departments to identify, analyze and define the
feasibility of product growth within a defined product market
segment. May be responsible for two or more Product Lines. Provides
project management through the coordination of product line
development from concept stage to market. Organizes and coordinates
advertising and merchandising activities associated with the
introduction of new products and line extensions.
- Responds to daily telephone, email or written inquiries from
fabricators, vendors, suppliers, consultants and designers on
questions or concerns associated with the product line. Prepares
written communications to assist fabricators in providing better
service to customers.
- Manages and oversees Bulletins for use by fabricators, members
of Technical Services or Customer Information Center, outlining
technical changes to the product, product enhancement or product
- Conducts in-depth market research and presents findings on
competitors monthly. Organizes and archives data and updates
competitive intelligence reports.
- Analyzes bookings and sales data. Prepares product performance
and sales reports monthly. Presents findings to team members and
- Coordinates and manages discussions concerning the feasibility
of the investment of time and money to the project. Develops and
prepares new Marketing programs and yearly budgets for product
- Assembles and explores the feasibility of new products and line
extensions with focus groups. Discusses information gathered from
focus groups with representatives from such departments as,
Research and Development, Engineering, Production and Accounting to
determine whether the marketability exists for new projects to be
- Works with brand team to review and institute incentive
programs for product lines. Coordinates the distribution of
marketing tools to support new products and line extensions.
- Coordinates and oversees all technical writing changes for
product launch and on an as-needed basis. Gathers information and
redlines from Engineering and serves as a liaison for the Technical
Writers. Maintains and ensures all technical documents are up to
date on a constant basis.
- Serves as the key facilitator for all internal departments when
quality, materials, fabrication, or engineering issues arise.
Conducts bi-monthly product meetings to discuss hot issues and
opportunities for on-going improvements.
- Oversees the project management and budget of sampling programs
with other departments such as, Management, Research and
Development, Engineering and Accounting. Exercises project
management skills by coordinating and monitoring the work of
external advertising agencies, designers, marketing consultants,
and fabric suppliers for new products or existing product line
- Coordinates project timelines to develop product collateral
from concept stage to actual production. Communicates on an ongoing
basis with vendors, consultants, project team members and other
internal departments such as Research and Development, Engineering,
Materials, Purchasing, and Production on product sampling,
promotion and educational training programs.
- Reviews all collateral material designed prior to production
for grammatical content, color accuracy and overall product
presentation. Attends and coordinates Photo and Video shoots.
Serves as a liaison between creative agencies and management for
approval of all collateral projects. Monitors inventory stock
levels of collateral material.
- Serves as a brand ambassador for the Company. Represents
multiple product lines at public events arranged and attended by
fabricators, dealers and customers, on a as needed basis. Trains
fabricators in the use of product merchandising materials through
the organization of product information training meetings on a
semi-regular basis. HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED: Education:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role Additional Skills:
- Solid Knowledge of the principles of Product Marketing and
consumer needs in the home fashion industry. A genuine interest in
Interior Design is a plus.
- Solid Knowledge of taking a new product, line extension from a
conceptual stage through to actual product development and
introduction in the consumer marketplace.
- Solid Knowledge of the terminology and techniques used in the
graphic design and printing industry to be able to work with
- Solid Knowledge of computer use and software packages such as,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, and how do use these tools for
statistical analysis and the creation of professional
- Solid Knowledge of the principles of finance to prepare budgets
and understand all costs connected with line extensions, product
enhancement and resampling of the product.
- Solid Knowledge of how Market research is conducted, why it is
conducted and what to do with the information that is obtained from
- Expert Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form
with Brand Team members, design engineers, fabricators and
- Expert Ability to establish and maintain effective work
- Expert Ability to use motivational techniques to develop
creative thinking skills in Team Members.
- Expert Ability to organize and prioritize multiple
- Expert Ability to conduct presentations before large groups and
serve as a spokesperson regarding product line. ABOUT SEARCH
SOLUTION GROUP: Search Solution Group delivers executive search and
recruiting services by locating and vetting the most qualified
candidates through traditional headhunting methods. Established in
2002, Search Solution Group has become an industry leader with a
dedicated team of recruiting and headhunting experts in its
Buffalo, Baltimore, Atlanta, and Charlotte offices. To become a
client, or to view job openings and additional information, please
visit Search Solution Group - Headhunting Top Talent.
Keywords: Search Solution Group, Gastonia , Product Manager, Executive , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!