Company: Hibbett Retail, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
01524 Gastonia, NC
LE_301 Hibbett Retail, Inc.
Job Title: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: District Sales Manager
The Store Manager oversees and is responsible for the store's sales
efforts in each department in the store and supervises the store's
overall operation to ensure efficiency and profitability. Enforces,
conveys, and upholds Hibbett I City Gear's policies, goals, and
standard to the store's sales team. The Store Manager consistently
communicates with the District Sales Manager and the Store Support
Center. Represents Hibbett I City Gear in appearance, attitude, and
professionalism portrayed to employees, customers, and the
community. The Store Manager is knowledgeable in each product area
or department in our store. The Store Manager is passionate about
giving outstanding customer service and promoting the merchandise
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and control the assets of Hibbett I City Gear by
managing their designated store.
- Directs and oversees entire sales efforts in the store.
- Constantly and consistently acquainted with all aspects of the
store including sales statistics, inventory and expenses that
together produce profit.
- Consults and collaborates with District Sales Manager as needed
in establishing and enforcing policies, goals, and procedures.
- Directs staff to ensure all responsibilities and standards in
each department are completed.
- Mentor and cultivate a team of outstanding Sales Associates,
Assistant Managers, and Managers in Training.
- Carry out personnel recruiting, hiring, training, discipline,
- Maintain proper security for the store.
- Communicates with District Sales Manager and keep them informed
as to inventory movement.
- Provides information and consistently and vigorously follows
through on all marketing and advertising plans and stays aware of
- Keeps abreast of competition and new ideas and keeps informed
on community related events, to take advantage of potential
- Produce and give extraordinary customer service highlighted in
the customer service manual, including helping customers as they
enter the store, and helping multiple customers during peak
- Protect the company's assets and financial information by
ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of internal control
procedures and informing management and/or appropriate officials of
potential fraud risk.
Manages subordinate supervisors and non-management employees,
including Sales Associates, Hub Drivers, Assistant Managers, and
Managers in Training. Is responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field or equivalent
- Experience working in a retail environment, preferably in
footwear and athletic apparel.
- Experience in managing and cultivating a sales team.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated business acumen.
- Ability to problem solve and juggle multiple tasks and
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Candidates will have an option during the application process to
withdraw their application prior to completion of the application.
Throughout this online job application process, you will be asked
to provide personal information about yourself. Please review
provide will be utilized and safeguarded.
By clicking the Apply button, I acknowledge that I have read and
use of the same as my Electronic Agreement for purposes hereof. I
acknowledge that I have a right to withdraw such consent at any
time by contacting Hibbett.
Keywords: Hibbett Retail, Inc., Gastonia , Store Manager, Executive , Gastonia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!