Director of Strategy & Business Development (Remote)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do.Launch your career into new
CommScope is looking to add a Director of Strategy & Business
Development to join our team.
We recognize the workplace is changing and success can be achieved
in many ways. This role can participate in our Flex@Work program,
which provides flexible workplace options that are conducive to
success. You can learn more about Flex@Work here.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World.The Strategy and Business
Development Director facilitates the analysis and monitoring of
market and technology trends, including both quantitative and
qualitative data analysis, as well as using those trends to
facilitate strategy discussions across CommScope. The role will be
highly collaborative across many internal groups and businesses and
will share assignments and resources with the CommScope Market
Intelligence group, as well as with Strategy resources within the
Business Units. This individual will have high visibility within
the organization and partner with the Finance, Product Line
Management, Marketing, Strategy Development, CTO Office, Corporate
Communications, R&D, Sales, and other key departments to ensure
a detailed understanding of our markets and trends.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Use both internal and external sources to provide the resulting
information and recommendations to the business for both their
everyday decision making, as well as input into the strategic
- Facilitating cross-functional workshops to develop strategies,
driven positioning and response plans, and scenario planning
- Work with businesses to prioritize and assess adjacencies and
the CommScope portfolio of investments.
- Develop a continuous improvement plan for the Strategy
function: Identify business needs and establish a plan to provide
- Customer and Competitive Analysis: Detailed study of our
customers and competitors to understand their business priorities,
strategic direction, and tactical moves we could expect them to
make. Review market position and potential competitive
- Strategy: corporate, global business, and segment-level
conscious planning; portfolio prioritization; core and adjacent
market opportunity analysis; competitor and customer analysis;
emerging business opportunities; and strategy development.
- Business Development: business modeling; new business
development processes, mergers & acquisitions assessment, and
ecosystem alliance development.
- Market/Product Development: product and solutions opportunity
analysis; commercialization of new products; new product
introduction process support; pricing analysis; segmentation; and
new concepts' development.
- Lead and provide input to the BU and Corporate Strategy and
- Building and running customer, partner, and internal
- Developing talent in the analyst team - helping our analysts to
build standard methodology, establish a collaborative forum, and
build confirmed skills for both qualitative and quantitative
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Engineering,
Science, Marketing/Communication, Business or related field.
- 10+ years of technology and market experience with a focus on
either business, PLM, or engineering experience.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills.
- Supreme interpersonal skills with distinguished presentation
- Proficient organizational skills and the ability to optimally
prioritize multiple projects
- High-level problem-solving and decision-making skills coupled
with excellent analytical and research skills.
- Proficient consulting and persuasion skills along with an eye
You Will Excite Us If You:
- Have a completed MBA.
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the
- Previous experience within the telecommunications
- High energy and ardor, with a strong dedication to exceeding
- Organizational management experience.
Perks & Benefits: The candidate will be rewarded with a
comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical,
dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a
401(k) plan, and participation in the Company's Annual Incentive
Plan. This position also benefits from eligibility to participate
in CommScope's Long-Term Incentive Plan ("LTIP"), as approved by
CommScope's Compensation Committee.
Anticipated salary range dependent on experience and
qualifications: $134,000 - $170,000.
What happens after you apply: Learn how to prepare yourself for the
next steps in our hiring process by visiting
#LI-Remote#LI-ER2Why CommScope:CommScope is on a quest to deliver
connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our
employees push the boundaries of communications technology that
enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things,
and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched
expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global
clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and
caring people who strive to create what's next---..come connect to
your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people
with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation
for the application or interview process, please contact us to
submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can
also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO
policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo.7134171341
Keywords: CommScope, Gastonia , Director of Strategy & Business Development (Remote), Executive , Lowell, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!