Posted on: November 18, 2021
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become
a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and
doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing
the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping
buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on
Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?Join a company that is
transforming from a traditional industrial company to a
contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of
cloud, big data, analytics, Internet of Things, and design
thinking. You will lead change that brings value to our customers,
partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative
software and data-driven products and services. You will work with
customers to identify their high value business questions and work
through their data to search for answers. You will be responsible
for working within Honeywell to identify opportunities for new
growth and efficiency based on data analysis.Key
Responsibilities:As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team
that delivers contemporary analytics solutions for the Data
Management & Analytics function at Honeywell. You will build strong
relationships with leadership to effectively deliver contemporary
data analytics solutions and contribute directly to business
success. You will develop solutions on various Database systems
viz. Hive, Hadoop, SnowFlake, etc.You will identify and implement
process improvements - and if you don't like to do the same thing
twice, you will automate where possible. You are always keeping an
eye on scalability, optimization, and process. You have worked with
Big Data before, IoT data, SQL, Azure, AWS, SnowFlakeYou will work
on a team including scrum masters, product owners, data architects,
data engineers/analyst, data scientists and DevOps. You and your
team collaborate to build products from the idea phase through
launch and beyond. The software you write makes it to production in
sprints. Your team will be working on creating a new platform using
your experience of APIs, microservices, and platform development.
YOU MUST HAVE
- US Citizenship due to export control restrictions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied
Mathematics, or other technical degree
- 4+ years of data warehouse experience including ETL and SQL WE
- Should have developed and deployed complex big data ingestion
jobs in Talend/Informatica BDM bringing prototypes to production on
- Hands on experience with MapReduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, etc. and
automation of data flow using NiFi and Airflow/Oozie.
- Experience in developing and building applications to process
very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), including
streaming real-time data (Spark, R/Python, Scala, Kafka, Spark
streaming or other such tools).
- Experience in working with at least one NoSQL system (HBase,
Cassandra, MongoDB etc.). In-depth knowledge of schema design to
effectively tackle the requirement.
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements
- Experience in working with cloud-based deployments.
Understanding of containers & container orchestration (Swarm or
- Hands on experience in Cloudera, Hortonworks and/or Cloud (AWS
EMR, Azure Data Lake Storage) based Hadoop distributions.
- Good understanding of branching, build, deployment, CI/CD
methodologies such as Octopus and Bamboo
- Experience working with in Agile Methodologies and Scrum
Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development
- Effective communication skills and succinct articulation
- Experience in building advanced analytics solutions with data
from enterprise systems like ERPs, CRMs, Marketing tools etc.
- Experience with dimensional modeling, data warehousing and data
- Experience with machine learning solutions and data science
- Database performance management and API development
- Technology upgrade oversight
- Experience with visualization software, Tableau preferred.
- Understanding of best-in-class model and data configuration and
- Experience working with remote and global teams and cross team
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of
complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- JOB ID: req259339
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 855 S Mint St,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Global
(ALL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Gastonia , Data Engineer, Engineering , Belmont, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!